Drink Driving

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to drive in the first place, why even consider drinking?

I agree. Please NEVER drive if drink.

By the way, I think the law for drink driving punishment is too lenient, should have at minimum 5 years jail.

Consume how much (average amount) of beer results in breaking the drink driving law?

alcohol legal limit of 35 microgrammes per 100 millilitres of breath. But even if did not exceed the limit, and the TP deem the driver to be unsuitable to drive, still can get charged. As everyone will be affected by alcohol differently.

I also feel that the punishment for drink driving is too lenient. Should make jail term and caning complusory.

people who are charged and convicted should be banned from driving for life! those rich people will immediately stop drink driving because they will never want to take public transportation.

i think this will be more effective.

now, they can still apply to learn driving from driving centres and still drive after they pass, they are so rich and will not mind the extra money from the driving centres. the conviction mean nothing to them.

Ironically:
Look at the no. of ppl who drive cars to clubs or pubs..and look at the amount of liquor consume per nite..its ridiculous not for any driver not to drink lorz..so is it TP bo cho kang or Singaporeans pour liquor on the floor?

Ironically:
Look at the no. of ppl who drive cars to clubs or pubs..and look at the amount of liquor consume per nite..its ridiculous not for any driver not to drink lorz..so is it TP bo cho kang or Singaporeans pour liquor on the floor?

Not all are like that, most yes, but some groups of people have a designated driver who will not drink for the evening

I got so many Friend Kanna for Drink Driving.
My take is DRINK DUN DRIVE. DRIVE DUN DRINK

Dun Risk it lor

I got so many Friend Kanna for Drink Driving.
My take is DRINK DUN DRIVE. DRIVE DUN DRINK

Dun Risk it lor
Wanting to drive without drinking should be because you don't want to risk making accidents, not because you don't want to get a fine......

Think you should rethink your priorities in life.........

HS

Singapore is such a small country, taking cab to and fro won't cost you more than the fine and agony, so why risk? Plus the burden of getting into accident. The worst is the victim being your loved ones. You never know...

Just my few cents worth..

I think they should introduce a zero limit for drink driving as it then clarifies the situation for everyone. If you drink, you don't drive.

I can't believe people are worried about fines. What about their own safety and more importantly the safety of the public?! Very selfish attitude.

Apparently a recent TP roadblock on a Saturday night found 25% of people to be over the limit. I think it's time for a crackdown. My wife was out running a couple of weeks ago and was almost hit by someone she's convinced was drink-driving so I feel pretty strongly about this.

Ironically:

no lah... rich ppl go club or pub, drive sleek cars... then go there pour drinks for mei mei & kakis, then later drive them home mah... :thumbsup:

From what i read in the paper, punishment for killing someone when drink driving is not really that heavy (under 5years i think).

i think they shall really double or triple it. A life is lost and its treated as a "accident"

From what i read in the paper, punishment for killing someone when drink driving is not really that heavy (under 5years i think).

i think they shall really double or triple it. A life is lost and its treated as a "accident"

so next time u wanna murder somebody..just drink past the alcohol limit then knock the fellow down lorz..:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

:sweat:

let me know how it feel when u killed someone on the road with your car.

so next time u wanna murder somebody..just drink past the alcohol limit then knock the fellow down lorz..:bsmilie: :bsmilie:
If somehow your intention is found out, there will be a different story. How many of you can purely accidentally hit somebody that you know or have a relation with you?

Regards,
Arto.

Consume how much (average amount) of beer results in breaking the drink driving law?
For some ppl, half a mug.
For some ppl, 2 mugs.

If u are planning to drink AND drive, may I suggest that u aim for the nearest tree or barrier and drive into it at 100km/h.

Kill urself plz. Not kill others.

alcohol legal limit of 35 microgrammes per 100 millilitres of breath. But even if did not exceed the limit, and the TP deem the driver to be unsuitable to drive, still can get charged. As everyone will be affected by alcohol differently.

I also feel that the punishment for drink driving is too lenient. Should make jail term and caning complusory.
U must be kidding. :rolleyes: Jail term & caning?

They ought to make the following liable for capital punishment as maximum penalty:
- Hit & Run resulting in grevious injury/fatality
- Driving under the influence of intoxication resulting in fatality of others
- Reckless driving resulting in fatality of others

For some ppl, half a mug.
For some ppl, 2 mugs.

If u are planning to drink AND drive, may I suggest that u aim for the nearest tree or barrier and drive into it at 100km/h.

Kill urself plz. Not kill others.
Why must limit to 100Km/h? Follow the rules even to kill yourself :sweatsm: ?

Regards,
Arto.

Status
Not open for further replies.