dricabi

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeanie

May 19, 2005
i have 3 DHC120 dricabi.
ALL 3 are set to 30%RH.
prob is...all 3 reads differently.

one reads 54%, another reads 38%, and the other hovers around 45%.

the funny thing is i put a external RH reader into the one containing my camera equipments and it shows 55%RH when the dricabi reading shows 38%.

i really need to know which is the correct reading?such discrepancies in their readouts?

and my dricabi is never off but even though i set at 25%, it will never hit below 40%.

any one as any ideas?:dunno:

I have 3 hygrometers on mine and only 2 will give readings 1 - 2 % apart. The non-digital is always off by 10%. The results are consistent so I give up - don't know what to do. BTW, ideally the RH should range from 45 - 55%. Ppl tell me lower than 40% and you'll run the risk of the oils in your cameras and lenses drying up! Personally I don't believe this but I keep mine around the 50% mark just to play safe.

I have 3 hygrometers on mine and only 2 will give readings 1 - 2 % apart. The non-digital is always off by 10%. The results are consistent so I give up - don't know what to do. BTW, ideally the RH should range from 45 - 55%. Ppl tell me lower than 40% and you'll run the risk of the oils in your cameras and lenses drying up! Personally I don't believe this but I keep mine around the 50% mark just to play safe.

can share where u buy your hygrometers?maybe i get another one just to double confirm.

and at which level you put the hygro?
i placed the digital one at the highest shelf.
somehow, i think the position of the hygro also influence the readings...

i have 3 DHC120 dricabi.
ALL 3 are set to 30%RH.

the funny thing is i put a external RH reader into the one containing my camera equipments and it shows 55%RH when the dricabi reading shows 38%.

i really need to know which is the correct reading?such discrepancies in their readouts?

and my dricabi is never off but even though i set at 25%, it will never hit below 40%.

any one as any ideas?:dunno:

With your kind of equipment you should be getting more reputable dry cabinets like Tolihan and Toyo Living. You can get electronic hygrometers from Sim Lim Square. I never have discrepancy problems with the hygro from Toyo Living and Tolihan cabinets all of them tally within 5%RH of the reading from the electronic hygro I have.

With your kind of equipment you should be getting more reputable dry cabinets like Tolihan and Toyo Living. You can get electronic hygrometers from Sim Lim Square. I never have discrepancy problems with the hygro from Toyo Living and Tolihan cabinets all of them tally within 5%RH of the reading from the electronic hygro I have.

i actually have a toyo living.
but a small one.and it never gave me problems since i got it more than 8 years ago.
but when i checked with cp, they dont carry it anymore.
so where can i get the 2 brands you mentioned?

i should have asked you earlier...sigh....

digicabi is liao lwee one...seriously....

i have 3 DHC120 dricabi.
ALL 3 are set to 30%RH.

A (wo)man with a watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.