Dreamy Tunnel

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahandre

Mar 12, 2007
Earth
www.flickr.com
Hi All.

I was @ New York - Central Park this summer, and while I rest behind The Met, I saw the (I think) lovely patterns.
It was taken on sunny-summer-day, and put the camera at the closest stable surface (the bench).....

I want to picture what looks like a dreamy - endless tunnel here.

Does it work for you guys ?
Please C&C on color & composition (or on everything, which I need to improve here).

Taken with 50mm, Aperture priority @ f/2.8, focus at second "circle" from front to give foreground and background blur.

1417771313_4eeb4925c1.jpg

Cheers.

Nothing much to complain about. Nice job ;)

nice. at first I thought it was a bridge.

I like the idea. But your "endless tunnel" doesn't sit well with me, because I can actually tell where the bench ends. Maybe can try a slightly a different angle so that the viewer really cannot see where it ends...

Nice picture, good use of DOF !

Hi all, thanks for c&c. (I am open for inputs to improve).

Hi Yatlapball, thanks for the tips, will note next time, or PP it to make the end of bench "invisible".

nice use of leading lines.
But would prefer a tighter frame as the greens on the right is very distracting.

except the background is rather unflattering (you can't do much though) and abit underexpose to me personally, i like your concept.. good job!! :thumbsup:;)

Nice job. Certainly is a new way of looking at benches. Very creative idea.

A tighter crop would probably take care of the end in sight as well as the brighter right side of the picture...

Hi All, thanks for the tips, critiques and comments.

I hope the PS'ed versions of the picture are allowed by the moderators. If they're not, just let me know and I'll take 'em down.

Hi all, kindly C&C on the adjustment below. TIA.

Black & White version, with cropped right section to cut away the green and end of bench.
1432673889_56c47e2252.jpg

Color version, with cropped right section to cut away the green and end of bench.
1432674245_be17c4e00a.jpg

I'd prefer the coloured version.

I prefer the one without the crop. The green grass balances the colours and composition.
good shot!

Status
Not open for further replies.