dreamy flower

Status
Not open for further replies.

asturias105

Dec 18, 2004
photobloglww.orgfree.com
hi guys, took a shot of this flower, don't know if it works for u. (sorry for the bad title :p)

16005tn_yellowwhite.jpg

Comments appreciated!

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
did u PS the pic? otherwise, its a damn good shot!

btw what flower is that?

thanks! no ps done to this shot. i also dunno what flower is it.. it's one of those flowers in the sentosa display.. :p

can i guess your method?

either u used a lens's aperture thats so wide open with a flash, or u actually zoom focus while taking the shot... very unique shot, care to share your skills?

I think that it is an OOF macro shot of a flower.
Crop away the white petals and you will have a nice background to PS with.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
can i guess your method?

either u used a lens's aperture thats so wide open with a flash, or u actually zoom focus while taking the shot... very unique shot, care to share your skills?

hi, well, actually i had around 4x zoom when i took this shot. done it with an external flash, and with a +10 closeup filter. was experimenting myself, sort of trial and error.. so i can say that i ended up lucky with this shot. :)

ortega said:
I think that it is an OOF macro shot of a flower.
Crop away the white petals and you will have a nice background to PS with.

Hi ortega, u're right. I wanted to take a sharp pic of that flower, but realised that the inside of it doesn't have much to see. so, i ended up experimenting to see what effect it'll have if i make it OOF. i have seen some pics that look like this before (abit of water color effect), but dunno if the technique is the same? :dunno:

Anyway, i have thought of cropping the white petals.. but it looked rather boring with just the yellow, so i decided to stick with it. thank u for the suggestion.. :)

asturias105 said:

This shot is quite commendable. It is not easy for a OOF picture to focus/lock my attention, and this shot does it!

The touch of White is ethereal.....

If you could string a few more like this, they will collectively become a work of art and not so much of a fluke shot.

dennisc said:
can't c nuts, can only see 'image hosted by clubsnap' banner.
how come..

If you're using a firewall, disable it to see the pics and dun forget to turn it back on.

jasphotography said:
This shot is quite commendable. It is not easy for a OOF picture to focus/lock my attention, and this shot does it!

The touch of White is ethereal.....

If you could string a few more like this, they will collectively become a work of art and not so much of a fluke shot.

hi there, thanks for your comments and advice. I'll certainly keep that in mind when i'm trying out shots like this in future :)

no problem.

one more thing, get the "watermark" off. If you want or prefer, replace it with a quote or a title.

Status
Not open for further replies.