Dreams

HyosHi

Feb 11, 2007
Tampines
4561112555_e8f8a8e991.jpg

1. In what area is critique to be sought?
How does this picture impact you? What does this picture say to you?

2. What one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
To stir up emotions of the viewer when they were young.

3. Under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
It was taken at a playground in T3, Changi Airport. The kids were running around, having fun and being their innocent selves.

4. What the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture.
I feel it reminds me of how playful and innocent I was when I was younger, carefree.

Hey man,

It was a good try.
but
1- Picture is out of focus.
2- Picture don't tell the story, it is just face with circle.
3- I will suggest either stand a bit further from scene and take more than one subject in action.

I am not an expert but just a few of my thoughts.
Hope you will not feel offended.

Keep up the good work.

Hey man,

It was a good try.
but
3- I will suggest either stand a bit further from scene and take more than one subject in action.

Keep up the good work.

don't tink it's oof...it shd be handshake or motion blur:)
His expression tells something...but would prefer you zoom out abit.

Hey man,

It was a good try.
but

Keep up the good work.

Yeah it's not as sharp as it could be I do agree with that. Thanks for the feedback. :)

don't tink it's oof...it shd be handshake or motion blur:)
His expression tells something...but would prefer you zoom out abit.

I did do a tight crop on him. Can you elaborate on what you got from his expression? :)

Yeah it's not as sharp as it could be I do agree with that. Thanks for the feedback. :)

I did do a tight crop on him. Can you elaborate on what you got from his expression? :)

Actually, if you get the eyes sharp, then it wud be much better...coz looking at the pic, light gets reflected from his eyes which seem to "sparkle"...it feels to me that he was playing hide and seek and looking out to the one seeking...;p

Actually, if you get the eyes sharp, then it wud be much better...coz looking at the pic, light gets reflected from his eyes which seem to "sparkle"...it feels to me that he was playing hide and seek and looking out to the one seeking...;p
Yes that's very true! Unfortunately I couldn't capture it properly. And yes he was doing exactly that, playing hide and seek with his daddy. :D

Yes that's very true! Unfortunately I couldn't capture it properly. And yes he was doing exactly that, playing hide and seek with his daddy. :D

haha..so at least, your intention has been understood by at least 1 viewer...;p

cant really tell much from this picture except he looks mesmerized by something.

the tight crop doesn't give us much insight to where he is e.g. playground. so i cant tell he's carefree.

1. Camera shake blur.
2. Camera shake blur.
3. No real sense of play but i thought it felt like he was thinking about something or looking forward to certain things.
4. Camera shake blur.

The idea is there. But if the subject is the child face and is OOF or hand shake, it makes me giddy staring at the photo.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'll take note of it and try better next time. :D

Hi a noobster comment, hope it helps, wish it helps..

1. i feel that try not to cropped out of 2 by 3 framing. cause irregular crops will not be so comfortable to people, unless its "contact list" kind of framing.

2. Not to comment on handshakes because whose hands don shake but you could increase the shutter speed though.

3. Since you wanted people to stir up feelings of been young & playful, why not give the photo more "space", as in since the boy is looking towards the right, you could crop it in a way where he was more to the left and staring to the blank space on the right. i think it will more dynamic.

Really hope it helps though.. shoot more shoot more..!! jiayou!!

Hi a noobster comment, hope it helps, wish it helps..

1. i feel that try not to cropped out of 2 by 3 framing. cause irregular crops will not be so comfortable to people, unless its "contact list" kind of framing.

2. Not to comment on handshakes because whose hands don shake but you could increase the shutter speed though.

3. Since you wanted people to stir up feelings of been young & playful, why not give the photo more "space", as in since the boy is looking towards the right, you could crop it in a way where he was more to the left and staring to the blank space on the right. i think it will more dynamic.

Really hope it helps though.. shoot more shoot more..!! jiayou!!
Thanks for the positive comments, you do make valid points. Will do that next time. :D

you should use shutter priority and set it to something faster perhaps 1/100. you could potentially reduce the "hand shake" and get sharper picture. Perhaps the caption should be "dreaming" instead of "dreams"

just my $0.02

Last edited:
The shake seems to add more impact to the photos. Good Job!!