Dreamcar Asia - 240604

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_jason

Jul 22, 2003
Singapore
www.pbase.com
Went to have a look yesterday. Nothing very impressive, just a few cars to look at, and a few race queens to gawk at. Not worth the $10 entry fee in my opinion. And no re-entry somemore, cannot go out and grab a drink/meal at Burger King and come back in. :thumbsd:

Vielside 350Z
1/25s f/4.0 at 21.0mm iso400 with Flash, EF 17-40mm f/4
30539579.jpg

Auto Kultur's Pagani Zonda, the main attraction
1/50s f/4.0 at 20.0mm iso400 with Flash, EF 17-40mm f/4
30539583.jpg

Aussie Race Queen
1/50s f/2.8 at 50.0mm iso400 with Flash, EF 50mm f/1.8
30539581.jpg

Japanese Race Queens
1/30s f/4.0 at 85.0mm iso400 with Flash, EF 85mm f/1.8
30539710.jpg

Cutiepie Heartbreaker Japanese Race Queen
1/60s f/2.8 at 50.0mm iso400 with Flash, EF 50mm f/1.8
30539720.jpg

Full gallery can be seen here.

Mr Jason,

Exposure spot on, between the subject and the background. Most of the pics posted by others are mostly underexposed. Some of these things are very basic, like sharpness, composition, exposure have to be right, and you got them all.

BTW, I thought 99.5% of all cameras are auto-everything, but somewhat many pics turned out to be under-exposure I do not know why. Maybe, just use auto and depend everything on the camera might give better results! Just simple logic. S, A or M settings are for the more advanced photogs.

Keep up the good work. The others who post here should see your pics to know what is correct exposure.

Thanks for the kind words. :D

It's quite tricky to get the correct exposure, especially balencing background with the subject if the lighting for both isn't the same (back/front lighting). Once you dial in the correct amount of fill flash, the results should be pleasing. I find very often that I do not 'fill' in the right amount of flash for the subject's face, and this is probably the only aspect which can't be corrected very well while post-processing. For most of my shots I had +EV 1, as the camera would read the bright background and then expose it as a middle tone. This is why my shots didn't get underexposed.

For the case of most cameras being auto, that is true. What this does I think is that the camera will shoot at the widest possible f/stop, and set a fixed shutter speed of say 1/60s or around there (most P & S cameras). If the lighting is still insufficient, then the flash will act as the main light. This will result in dark background as there will be insufficient exposure time for the ambient lighting to be taken in. In order to get background lighting one would have to shoot in long shutter/night scene mode, avilable on some cameras.

clive said:
mmm that means i judge wrongly. lol

What was your +EV at? I think most of my shots were EV +1 or +2/3, except those of dark cars. Then post-processing may have to +1/3 or -1/3, depending on the situation.

Pic arre cool.

Wish I could be there :cry:

jeff49er said:
Pic arre cool.

Wish I could be there :cry:

Overseas now, or just plain bogged down by work? Don't worry, you didn't miss much by not going.

Status
Not open for further replies.