Dream?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rncw

Oct 26, 2002
Singapore / Japan / China
aae.jpg

Mmm...

How to dream? All locked up and confined.

I guess in a way, it can send a subtle message to our gahmen here.

Good eye, dude.

It will be better if the chinese word is not blocked so much. The horizontal beam across blocks it too much. Frame the chinese character down below the beam or above to the right.

kingpin said:
It will be better if the chinese word is not blocked so much. The horizontal beam across blocks it too much. Frame the chinese character down below the beam or above to the right.

thanks.

actually, whichever way, the percentage of the word being blocked would be the same...actually did some adjustment while shooting, and discovered this.

i'll take look at my other shots again to see if there's any other parts of the word blocked. :)

well...looking at it again, it reminded me of the famous stone garden in ryoanji.

there are 15 stones laid out on the garden, but from whichever directions you count them (except from the top view), you're only able to count 14 stones. meaning, we have to be contented with what we can see (or whatever), coz this world is imperfect. well, for the 15th stone, it's in the heart of the one counting. zen?

so..even dreams are not perfect? or one cannot have a perfect dream? :dunno:

rncw said:
thanks.

actually, whichever way, the percentage of the word being blocked would be the same...actually did some adjustment while shooting, and discovered this.

i'll take look at my other shots again to see if there's any other parts of the word blocked. :)

Erh try one with the middle portion of the word least blocked. I would think the bottom part of the word being blocked would be alright. Just my thots. I like the idea.

I really like the picture as composed.

I believe the intention of the shot is for the character 'dream' to be blocked, so if more parts of the character is exposed the shot would not have conveyed this mood and feel.

does bring in life's messages and where realitites and dreams often collide into one nice picture right?

Status
Not open for further replies.