Dream PC Setup for Photoshop Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamasaint

Jan 26, 2003
www.lightedpixels.com
Hi guys,

thought I start a thread to seek your opinions on what a dream configuartion would be like for you guys. Also, what would you recommend for me? I am thinking of getting a second PC for photoshop work only. Any advise or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

I use a P4, 3GHz, 1GB 2DDR ram, SATA HDD, ATI display card.
I normally run Nikon Viewer, Nikon Capture and Photoshop concurrently, so far the performance is ok for me.

Thanks guys...=)

I was thinking of using double monitors too...one for the workspace and one for the tools.

@@

Do you need 2 graphic cards for dual monitor? Or 1 card with 2 output? :embrass:

iamasaint said:
Thanks guys...=)

I was thinking of using double monitors too...one for the workspace and one for the tools.

Dual Monitors are a minimum if you're serious about photoshop (Grpahics, Video or 3D work), one drawback is that, once you're use to it, you won't be able to work on a single monitor setup :)

p4 3ghz
4gb ram
5 x 100gb HDD
2x apple LCD 23"
2x CRT 20"
3D labs wildcat gfx
C1pro, PS, DPP, ifranview.

togu said:
@@

Do you need 2 graphic cards for dual monitor? Or 1 card with 2 output? :embrass:

Most cards have 2 output, check the specs. But I would recomend Matrox (their latest Millennium P650 PCIe 128) since they are one of the pineers in dual and triple platforms.

I've Jus upgraded from 550 to 650 :thumbsup:

geoyip said:
Most cards have 2 output, check the specs. But I would recomend Matrox (their latest Millennium P650 PCIe 128) since they are one of the pineers in dual and triple platforms.

I've Jus upgraded from 550 to 650 :thumbsup:
This card rocks:thumbsup:

If I'm gonna have the moola, its definitely a Dual PowerPC G5. :)

would be nice if you all can include the most important factor... PRICES of each component..

i know dreams means u have unlimited cash, but some/most of us would like to make the dream a reality. ;p ;p :lovegrin:

Thanks for all the comments and advise. Yes, if you do know the price, it would be nice to include it. =) Cheers!

jsbn said:
If I'm gonna have the moola, its definitely a Dual PowerPC G5. :)
Even with moola, its better to buy dream camera and dream lens instead of dream PC lah.
***unless the moola is an infinity***

...and also a good monitor too. Some of them really sucks!!!

jOhO said:
would be nice if you all can include the most important factor... PRICES of each component..

i know dreams means u have unlimited cash, but some/most of us would like to make the dream a reality. ;p ;p :lovegrin:

iamasaint said:
Thanks for all the comments and advise. Yes, if you do know the price, it would be nice to include it. =) Cheers!

Matrox Millennium P650 PCIe 128: S$ 465 (Bought last month)
Dell 2405 24" LCD: S$ 1543 (Price during Comdex 05)
Dell 1905 19" LCD: S$ 599 (Price during Comdex 05)

Seems that the monitor prices hv gone up after Comdex, check dell sg webby

Now this is interesting. I now have phobia of using LCDs... I am currently using my notebook for PP and goodness... I have big troubles getting the colour profile right. My white can sometimes turn out to be light blue and depending on which angle I am looking at, colours may look different. Brightness and contrast may be different too. So I cannot get a consistency in my pictures or the pictures I see (noticed that I don't write long comments now?) :p

I plan to buy a computer for PP too but I am debating whether to go with big CRT monitors or LCDs... Sigh... :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.