Dream Lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazeppa26

Dec 28, 2005
10-300mm f1.0
haha:) :) :) :) :)

How about 1-1200mm f0.1 with superduper IS/VR/OS and USM/HSM and 1:1 macro but at the size of a 50mm f1.8.

This is a bit of an old topic. I think it had been discussed before.

a lens with a max aperture that size will be HUGE! don't think there are any tripods or photographers built to carry it. :bsmilie:

It's going to weigh a whole lot heavier than the EF 1200mm f/5.6L IS USM.

Snoweagle said:
It's going to weigh a whole lot heavier than the EF 1200mm f/5.6L IS USM.

Well, if it is going to be a "DREAM" lense, you would want it to have that huge focal range with all the bells and whistles and yet weigh like a feather and the size of a pancake:bsmilie:

Come on, use you imagination. Technology can advance in many strange ways:bigeyes:

kelccm said:
Well, if it is going to be a "DREAM" lense, you would want it to have that huge focal range with all the bells and whistles and yet weigh like a feather and the size of a pancake:bsmilie:

Come on, use you imagination. Technology can advance in many strange ways:bigeyes:

Yeah....i doubt such 'dream' lens will appear, might even be impossible to manufacture it. :bsmilie:

Snoweagle said:
Yeah....i doubt such 'dream' lens will appear, might even be impossible to manufacture it. :bsmilie:

Maybe those built in digital zoom can advance till it is almost as good as any optical zoom lense....:think:

mazeppa26 said:
10-300mm f1.0
haha:) :) :) :) :)
Wah.. a lens with 30+cm diameter!

lsisaxon said:
Wah.. a lens with 30+cm diameter!

hahaha Imagine walking around with a camera body attached to a lens the size of a large pail :bsmilie:

i want 5:1 repro ratio instead of just 1:1 ;p meaning built in extension tube :D :lovegrin:

It can be possible to have one small and light :D When they finaly perfect the liquid lens tech nology that allows you to change the shape of the lens to focus instead of moving the elements...

kelccm said:
Maybe those built in digital zoom can advance till it is almost as good as any optical zoom lense....:think:

Wah...i think that won't be possible too cos digital zoom really degrades quality more as it is zoomed closer.

Snoweagle said:
Wah...i think that won't be possible too cos digital zoom really degrades quality more as it is zoomed closer.

Thats what I meant, digital zoom that won't degrade optic quality. You know like those spy movies whereby they can zoom in using satellite pictures till they can see your face clearly. Imagine this kind of powerful technology inside your handphone camera.....keep dreaming:sticktong

kelccm said:
Thats what I meant, digital zoom that won't degrade optic quality. You know like those spy movies whereby they can zoom in using satellite pictures till they can see your face clearly. Imagine this kind of powerful technology inside your handphone camera.....keep dreaming:sticktong

Wow i think even if this is a reality for hp cams, it's cost a huge bomb! :D

kelccm said:
Might as well come with microscopic zoom ability:bsmilie: Lets you take photos of a bacteria anywhere.:sticktong

Haha...better still, atoms!! :bsmilie:

Snoweagle said:
Haha...better still, atoms!! :bsmilie:

If we carry on, there wouldn't be any more interchangeable lense SLR. We just need 1 super fantastic 1 fixed lense do all camera that can fit into our pockets to take all kinds of photos from atoms to faraway galaxies that can give super creamy bokeh to super sharp DOF and able to handhold for at least 1 sec and gives iso1 to 10000 etc etc.....

Status
Not open for further replies.