Dramatic Sunset

BenAWJ

Oct 13, 2009
Sembawang
IMG00000.png

1.in what area is critique to be sought?

Composition.
I have composed the picture this way because I want to show more of the sky.

2.what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?

If the viewers find the sky dramatic

3.under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)

Cloudy day with A700 mounted on tripod. Meddled around with my filters trying to get a dramatic effect.

4.what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture

Personally, I like this picture because I feel that the sky looks dramatic. However, I wish to know how my audience feel about it.

Thanks for your critiques. I appreciate them as they will help me to learn.;)

It's nice sunset, and beautiful sky. But I feel the top portion of the sky contains too much dark tone which renders little detail for viewers to appreciate. Try to limit it to a smaller portion, so that more of the cloud can be seen, since this is your objective. :)

You may try to post a larger photo next time. It's harder to look at the details sometime.:think:

It's nice sunset, and beautiful sky. But I feel the top portion of the sky contains too much dark tone which renders little detail for viewers to appreciate.

Agree.
IMO, you may try shoot landscape (horizon), zoom in a bit, and cut off the top portion.

the top seems a bit heavy to me. shoot horizontal may have better impact.:)
BTW, I like the picture.cheers:)

Thanks for the comments.;)
I tried cropping out the top portion of the photo but it looks kind of weird like it's out of proportion. Will post a bigger photo next time :)

Hmm this picture doesnt really work for me. I feel that the rays of the sun traced on the sea surface has stolen the attention. Maybe its because of the strong color contrast as compared to the rest of the pic. But its still a remarkable effort. I'm new to photography so this is just my 2cents worth of thought. =) :thumbsup:

the sky looks dark to me.. not dramatic...

but i think the sea and the sun's reflections are okie~!