Equipment:
Canon Powershot A70 :embrass:
Reversed Yashica ML50mm f/1.9

Av Priority: F/8.0
ISO 50, 1/60 sec

jbma

Dec 28, 2003
Tampines
This is what you can achieve when you reversed your lens. Awesome.

icer

Mar 15, 2004
West
www.icezworld.com
Great photo! :thumbsup:

Now there is one more thing that our great esplanade look like. Dragonfly's eyes! Haha. :bsmilie:

Agila

May 17, 2003
www.photonski.com
AWESOME!!! the best macro shot ive seen so far :)
i also like your composition... :) :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

CYRN

Nov 14, 2002
photoevangel.com
After looking at your gallery :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ... I felt that I'd better trade my 10D with an A70 :sweat:

patul

Nov 13, 2003
Jakarta
Visit site
snowspeeder said:
Great inspiring work! Just curious, what is your actual distance form your lens to the dragon fly? And was direct flash used?
it was 3 or 4 cm away from the object...
internal flash was used, but not directly, because it would be blocked by the lens and my hand, the object was covered completely from the flash..

the setting was:
a70 + lensadapter LADC52C + reversed 50mm

patul

Nov 13, 2003
Jakarta
Visit site
CYRN said:
After looking at your gallery :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ... I felt that I'd better trade my 10D with an A70 :sweat:
I accept trading 10D to my A70 hehehe.. you're too much man hhahahaha..

CYRN

Nov 14, 2002
photoevangel.com
patul said:
I accept trading 10D to my A70 hehehe.. you're too much man hhahahaha..
This shot is :thumbsup: . I can even see the "eye-lid" and count the "eye lashes" :bigeyes: Did you hand hold your shots?

patul said:
WOW!! very nice photo u have there! you MUST have a very good camera like 1d MARK II!!
Actually... for Macro... digicams have excellent DOF... for DSLRs DOF can be too shallow for that kind of magnification...check out patul gallery.. :thumbsup:

rainman

Apr 4, 2004
In my own world
Actually... for Macro... digicams have excellent DOF... for DSLRs DOF can be too shallow for that kind of magnification...check out patul gallery.. :thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

Yah agree with u....

and yes, this picture is superb. didn't know a consumer digicam can take such a sharp and contrasty picture..good job dude!!!

recently just bought a sigma 180mm macro...but i think still can't compare with urs...urs is larger than life right? How can I do it like urs with my sigma lenses or 50mm 1.8? anyone?

patul

Nov 13, 2003
Jakarta
Visit site
CYRN : all handheld.. never use tripod or monopod.. dont have the small one..

rainman: cant compete with DSLR lah.. i think it was 1:3 or 1:2.5 or something... not really sure.. i'm no pro so cant do the calculation.. i heard sigma 105mm f/2.8 does good thing, could compete with canon ef 100mm f/2.8

bigfatfish: just hold the lens in reversed direction in front of your camera lens.. set macro mode on then go.. if you dont want to hold that thing, just try to find male-to-male ring coupler.. or you can DIY by glueing two ring filters in opposite direction, so you can attach the lens to the lens adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom