dragonfly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aya Brea

dragonfly_std.jpg

Nice & clean. Great shot :thumbsup: Putting the dragonfly at the "3rds" might make it look better though... having it at the center is a bit static...

Originally posted by ziploc
Nice & clean. Great shot :thumbsup: Putting the dragonfly at the "3rds" might make it look better though... having it at the center is a bit static...

"Putting the dragonfly at the "3rds" might make it look better though"

what u mean?

Oh... I mean to follow the rule of the thirds. Draw two lines horizontally to split the pic into 3 equal parts, and do the same vertically. These lines are call "the 3rds". The 3rds, together with the 4 intersection points of those lines, are generally where you want to place your subject, or the part(s) of the subject you want to emphasize.

i think applying the rule of thirds here is too extreme and leads to the photo being too unbalanced. For macro/closeup shots, i would say that being 'off-centre' is fine (rather than stricly applying the rule of 3rds), if you want more dynamism then i suppose crop a tiny bit off the left will do.

personally, i think the composition is fine, the background is clean and even complementary.

nice shot !!

I guess you have shot when it just landed ... can see from its wings it tilted up ... If fill flash is used to bright up the eyes and body portion would be better ....

Originally posted by megaweb
nice shot !!

I guess you have shot when it just landed ... can see from its wings it tilted up ... If fill flash is used to bright up the eyes and body portion would be better ....

wat is fill flash? :dunno:

Originally posted by Aya Brea

wat is fill flash? :dunno:

there are many articles on fill flash ... do a search on "fill flash" and I believe you can find the answer

click here to see 1 of them

basically is to light up the area filled with shadows of the object and make it look more detail ....

Status
Not open for further replies.