Dragonboat composition

Status
Not open for further replies.

oTaRu

Dec 25, 2004
I heard my friend mentioning that there will be one this coming weekends... Anyone know when is it going to be held, time and place?

Thanks

:nono: Too much photography on the mind!
Dragonboat COMPETITION, not COMPOSITION.

shoudl check out the C1 and C2 events on that day too..

it's the most exciting. Like a dragon boat, but faster and paddld by one person..
Quite different I'd expect. Because you are kneeling down when you paddle.

Plus, need a lot a lot of other stuff like balance. Dragon boat is like T1/2 (if you know kayak classs), C1/C2 would be more like K1/2 already, much easier to capsize. The other time I went to MacRitchie I saw these people rowing C1/2 looks like very jialat to balance. =D

:nono: Too much photography on the mind!
Dragonboat COMPETITION, not COMPOSITION.

alamak.... wat happen to my mind...
thanks for pointing out...
i didnt notice it...
hahaa.... :bsmilie:

Quite different I'd expect. Because you are kneeling down when you paddle.

Plus, need a lot a lot of other stuff like balance. Dragon boat is like T1/2 (if you know kayak classs), C1/C2 would be more like K1/2 already, much easier to capsize. The other time I went to MacRitchie I saw these people rowing C1/2 looks like very jialat to balance. =D

yeah agree.

these C paddlers have to steer (to go staight), balance and still maintain speed, kudos to them, it takes years to master and most start out when they are kids..

imagine prostating yourself for 30 minutes, then realise that these guys are on their knee for hours during training. respect to a very small elite group of paddlers.

why can't it be dragonboat composition?

can i suggest u go down on sats at kallang river. many groups train there so u can get a feel of the sport.

tml is the race, any snapper going down ?

I'm going down! The timing is quite good, so should be there.

WA, Seletar Reservoir.

No, no cannot go. =D I thought Kallang.

I'll be going for the Sunday one.

hi,

is there a golf driving range nearby the SR?

yes, there is one there. Seletar Country Club.opposite the reservoir is Orchid Country Club.

yeah agree.

these C paddlers have to steer (to go staight), balance and still maintain speed, kudos to them, it takes years to master and most start out when they are kids..

imagine prostating yourself for 30 minutes, then realise that these guys are on their knee for hours during training. respect to a very small elite group of paddlers.

Actually in the Dragonboat Festival June Race 2002 (if i remember correctly), The NTU men's team first started using the C method of paddling to race in the Prime Minister Challenge Trophy. They kneeled on the dragonboat seats to row. Very powerful but unstable. After that there were alot of protests, so the organisers disallowed this method of rowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.