Dragon Boat Race on 26 n 27 Nov

Status
Not open for further replies.

smallaperture

Jan 5, 2004
Catchment Area
A friend reminded me of this River Regatta along the Singapore River. Maybe, many CSers flock to the Expo this weekend.

Great event to bring out your long lenses for the shoot. Hope it doesn't rain continuously this weekend.

thanks for the info. this seems interesting to me.
just wondering, would my 200mm focal length on D70 be sufficient for such event?

rEveRie said:
thanks for the info. this seems interesting to me.
just wondering, would my 200mm focal length on D70 be sufficient for such event?

Dragon boats being very long, like 8 to 10m long, so, you 200mm with a crop factor of 1.5x should be good inuf la. Need 300mm only if you wish to zoom into the dragon head some other details. Well, go there to shoot and have fun. Hope this weekend is not so wet.

smallaperture said:
Dragon boats being very long, like 8 to 10m long, so, you 200mm with a crop factor of 1.5x should be good inuf la. Need 300mm only if you wish to zoom into the dragon head some other details. Well, go there to shoot and have fun. Hope this weekend is not so wet.

heheh that's nice =P
can you advice how you shoot dragonboat race?
do you stay at one location to compose or do you run around?
hahaha sorry ar, newbie ;)

smallaperture said:
A friend reminded me of this River Regatta along the Singapore River. Maybe, many CSers flock to the Expo this weekend.

Great event to bring out your long lenses for the shoot. Hope it doesn't rain continuously this weekend.
thanks for the reminder! :thumbsup:

What time does things starts? Thinking of going to try out my 100-300mm lense, bought since june but never really had the chance to try it out.

wrx_sti_22b said:
What time does things starts? Thinking of going to try out my 100-300mm lense, bought since june but never really had the chance to try it out.

1st event starts at 11am tmr, all the way till 5+/6.
Sat is the heats. Sunday will be the semis and finals.

it's along Spore river, so normally it's quite crowded at the side where all the shops and rest are, you can try taking pictures from the Parliament House side of the river. You can try aso try taking pictures from the start point which is at Elgin Bridge.

http://www.sdba.org.sg/docs/2005/srr2005/23rd%20SRR%202005_map.jpg

wrx_sti_22b said:

I suppose you got the Sigma100-300F4 - I am thinking of getting it. Could you give us your review of it after shooting with it this weekend. BTW, which mount is it? Thanks in advance.

smallaperture said:
I suppose you got the Sigma100-300F4 - I am thinking of getting it. Could you give us your review of it after shooting with it this weekend. BTW, which mount is it? Thanks in advance.

Pentax mount... It's nice, fast & sharp... not bad at all. Even though i believe it's quite an old model...

wrx_sti_22b said:
Pentax mount... It's nice, fast & sharp... not bad at all. Even though i believe it's quite an old model...

Thanks, wrx for the info. If it's fast inuf for wrx, sure it is fast inuf for an ordinary Toyota driver. :cool: :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.