drafting contracts

Status
Not open for further replies.

agentmonkey

Jul 10, 2004
www.flickr.com
hi guys..what are the terms/things that are normally included within a contract for a corporate job?

i'm not sure if this is right, but is it okay if anyone is willing to show me a sample contract i could follow? i'm googling around too btw...found one for weddings.

thanks in advance

Heh I hope there are people willing to share. In my view, these things are trade secrets so I'm not sure how many professionals will share with you. If you're lucky, maybe you'll get nuggets of information on the points to consider and include, rather than a sample contract wholesale.

yeah i figured this would be a sensitive topic, though i don't really see how it's a trade secret. even if i knew what a person's contract is like, but i don't share the same skill level as him, there's nothing for the other party to worry about right?

Hehe if everyone felt that way, then there will be such thing as trade secrets liaoz! People protect their own trade secrets regardless of whether they think their competitors have the same skill level as them!

To explain further, if Photographer A has all these information, he is one leg up above Photographer B, who has no clue on such things. Why? Because Photographer A's business is more secure, since he has better contracts and legal protection. Photographer B is just flying on the seat of his pants hoping that nothing bad will happen.

Hence, worthy trade information which some may consider to be trade secrets.

Hahha, dont despair, there may be some input which others may help you out with! :)

yes... i had to pay a lawyer good money to get myself protected properly... so i guess that would be my advise. :)

Hehe, maybe if the TS shared some of your legal fees you can share the contract with him hahaah :)

yes... i had to pay a lawyer good money to get myself protected properly... so i guess that would be my advise. :)

But that's meant to be a joke, get a lawyer for serious stuffs, each person's situation is different.

Hi - you may want to visit the national library for reference. I did a quick online search and saw this title - 'How to Start a Home Based Photography Business' by Kenn Oberrecht (2003) available in a number of places (Central, Bkt Merah, Jurong, Queenstown). You will get a lot of hits if you do a search for Photography Business methods - too many to mention here. Cheers...

Status
Not open for further replies.