Dr Goh Keng Swee dies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canonised

Aug 27, 2003
Former Deputy PM and Finance Minister of Singapore Dr Goh Keng Swee died early this morning after a long illness.

Source: The ST

Sad to see one of SG's founding father pass on.

Sad to see one of SG's founding father pass on.

Then again, at age 91, with all the contributions that he has made, I think he's lived a full life and it's time for him to have a rest.

S'pore does owe this man a great debt of gratitude indeed.

Salute to the Founding father of Singapore who engineered Singapore to become what we are today.

A half hour long documentary on the life of Dr Goh Keng Swee, Singapore's former Deputy Prime Minister, Finance Minister and Education Minister who died Friday morning at the age of 91.First telecast 7.32pm Channel NewsAsia (Singapore) Repeats at 11.31pm, Friday 14 May 2010 8am & 1.02pm Saturday 15 May 2010 Fri, May 14 @ 1932hrs Singapore time.

State funeral for former DPM Goh Keng Swee

Goh Keng Swee's contributions led to "Singapore miracle"

Photo Gallery

R.I.P

I was not too young to remember this great man. A very humble man. If you met him in person you will know he holds no air about him. A very very smart man. If I have to say who really was the brain behind a lot of what made the successes for Singapore and the main political party. He is it. A man of little words and boast but a rock solid planner and man of far reaching vision.

We owe much to this fellow Singaporean who gave much of himself. A life well lived. He shall be remembered.

Last edited:
Relive this thread..

Lotusfairy paying tribute to our beloved Minister with love and gratitude...
a_AAU0003angelprayercopy-2.jpg

"人死留名,豹死留皮"

R.I.P. Dr. Goh Keng Swee

I was not too young to remember this great man. A very humble man. If you met him in person you will know he holds no air about him. A very very smart man. If I have to say who really was the brain behind a lot of what made the successes for Singapore and the main political party. He is it. A man of little words and boast but a rock solid planner and man of far reaching vision.

We owe much to this fellow Singaporean who gave much of himself. A life well lived. He shall be remembered.

Yup, better than some self proclaimed "maverick" who prides himself on not having written a memo....;)

R.I.P. & thank you Dr. Goh Keng Swee.

Yup, better than some self proclaimed "maverick" who prides himself on not having written a memo....;)

Heh. Most definitely! :thumbsd:

Dr Goh was way above him in terms of talent and people management :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

A man of substance.
A man of few words.
A man of ingenuity.
A family man.
A true Singaporean.

Heh. Most definitely! :thumbsd:

Dr Goh was way above him in terms of talent and people management :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

please keep this thread clean

Then again, not all his ideas were fair, notably Malays in critical SAF positions, that one is very wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.