DPReview's the K5 -GOLD!

I can't imagine what pentax will come out next. K5 is already so good.
Sheesh...piggy bank not full yet...dream on Nanoo. :cry:

Look like Pentax is back in contention :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I missed their glamorous days back in the 80s where Pentax are everywhere, of course it because those days most of us can't afford a Nikon but nonetheless it is a treat to walk around with a super compact Pentax SLR (ME Super :thumbsup:) oppose to the monster ones from Nikon, Canon and Minolta. Oh ya, there is always the Olympus who try without much success to emulate and dethrone Pentax as the smallest SLR around. Leica is out of the league for us at $3K for a basic body (in the 80s a successful accountant (aka FC) only make $500/mnth).

I hope the year 2011 will be the year for lenses and accessories, especially a good flash frankly the current flash.. ouch... and a sdm teleconverter that I am longing for :)

Just notice Nikon D7K and Canon 60D only have silver award :)
Even Sony SLT A55 also got gold award.

Last edited:
Glad to see some recognition for the great ergonomics of the K-5. This is something which you cannot tell from a specification sheet, and its a much underrated feature which doesn't get the attention it deserves.

Look like Pentax is back in contention :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I missed their glamorous days back in the 80s where Pentax are everywhere, of course it because those days most of us can't afford a Nikon but nonetheless it is a treat to walk around with a super compact Pentax SLR (ME Super :thumbsup:) oppose to the monster ones from Nikon, Canon and Minolta. Oh ya, there is always the Olympus who try without much success to emulate and dethrone Pentax as the smallest SLR around. Leica is out of the league for us at $3K for a basic body (in the 80s a successful accountant (aka FC) only make $500/mnth).

I hope the year 2011 will be the year for lenses and accessories, especially a good flash frankly the current flash.. ouch... and a sdm teleconverter that I am longing for :)

I thought u sold most of your stuff?

WE WILL CONQUER THE WORLD LOR...

FWEI0122_s.jpg

Awesome

Last edited:
WE WILL CONQUER THE WORLD

Often been hearing that phrase for so many years now... regarding Pentax... hasn't happened so far! Small chance of it happening in the near future unless Pentax makes some killer compact camera with large sensor.

I see Pentax gradually increasing their market share for the near future... but not as the leader that conquers the world... not for the next two years at least... pretty sure about that!

Often been hearing that phrase for so many years now... regarding Pentax... hasn't happened so far! Small chance of it happening in the near future unless Pentax makes some killer compact camera with large sensor.

I see Pentax gradually increasing their market share for the near future... but not as the leader that conquers the world... not for the next two years at least... pretty sure about that!

well, one small step at a time.

in any case, i'm just happy as long as pentax continues to make great cameras at great prices. whether it becomes the market leader or not... to be honest, i'll be happy that a good brand gets recognition, but it doesn't affect my life directly. :sweat:

well, one small step at a time.

in any case, i'm just happy as long as pentax continues to make great cameras at great prices. whether it becomes the market leader or not... to be honest, i'll be happy that a good brand gets recognition, but it doesn't affect my life directly. :sweat:

Yes. Lately it seems that Pentax (Hoya) is playing their cards right respective to their current position. Most of the higher end cameras they have released in the near past have been great value for money.

I just wish I could see Pentax cameras at each and every camera store like I can see Nikon, Sony & Canon. At some places its even difficult to buy Panasonic! Samsung has made great inroads in a relatively short time, I must say.

Olympus and Pentax are the niche brands at the moment. Ricoh & Sigma are virtually invisible save for the popular camera shops. It will take a while for Pentax to get up there with the big boys and I hope they do... on a global scale... not just in a select few countries.

Last edited:
Yes. Lately it seems that Pentax (Hoya) is playing their cards right respective to their current position. Most of the higher end cameras they have released in the near past have been great value for money.

I just wish I could see Pentax cameras at each and every camera store like I can see Nikon, Sony & Canon. At some places its even difficult to buy Panasonic! Samsung has made great inroads in a relatively short time, I must say.

Olympus and Pentax are the niche brands at the moment. Ricoh & Sigma are virtually invisible save for the popular camera shops. It will take a while for Pentax to get up there with the big boys and I hope they do... on a global scale... not just in a select few countries.

i don't know, some days i worry that when pentax reaches what you say ; at each and every camera store, they will lose what they have been doing all along. and follow canikon footsteps.

which would be natural, every company wants to retain the pole position , or relative position in the market... so you resort to heavy marketing to keep it up. and then the costs get passed on to consumers... :dunno: