Dpreview on E330

Status
Not open for further replies.
;p phil does'nt like it already :blah: phil-->:kok: ;p

he doesnt like OLY but he did gave a very good review for all of us. what to expect and what no to expect. it is definitely better than some websites that are all praises to new cameras without carefully looking at all the features.

what is lacking now is the ISO samples! :( how is this new liveMOS going to perform.

I'm waiting to see some detailed test shots.......

the review mentioned something about the misaligned smaller sensor. i.e. the image you see on the lcd preview is a few degrees tilted compared to the actual image taken.

this may prove to be a big issue considering the large number of lanscape/archi photographers. the tilt is certainly not very acceptable. is it a QC issue, because some improvements ought to be done about it.

perhaps a tilt calibrating line on the screen or such to cater to this problem. that may just put some people off buying it.

and it's usd 300 more than the e500. the idea of lcd preview is good though.

realgar said:
the review mentioned something about the misaligned smaller sensor. i.e. the image you see on the lcd preview is a few degrees tilted compared to the actual image taken.

this may prove to be a big issue considering the large number of lanscape/archi photographers. the tilt is certainly not very acceptable. is it a QC issue, because some improvements ought to be done about it.

perhaps a tilt calibrating line on the screen or such to cater to this problem. that may just put some people off buying it.

and it's usd 300 more than the e500. the idea of lcd preview is good though.

yup... but it is a pre-production camera... interestingly at the pic with the bottom, u can see the serial number is 0000003....:think: ... anyway so far onli DPreview mentioned this though...

japan pice is about SGD 1.8K....

hmm me no slr user but what kinda lens mount would an olympus camera use? as in, what lenses other than olympus ones can I use with it?

thanks. :)

schon said:
hmm me no slr user but what kinda lens mount would an olympus camera use? as in, what lenses other than olympus ones can I use with it?

thanks. :)

sigma also has a couple of DC zooms for the 4/3 mount :)

I wonder if exsisting E-300 owners will rush to sell off the body & get the E-330 body?

wrx_sti_22b said:
I wonder if exsisting E-300 owners will rush to sell off the body & get the E-330 body?

Not this E-300 user! :thumbsd:

Unless the user desparately needs live view, there's too much to be given up to "upgrade".

No HLD-3
No RM-CB1

I think E-300 users might be more inclinde to move up and buy the next E-1.

Mikefellh said:
Not this E-300 user! :thumbsd:

Unless the user desparately needs live view, there's too much to be given up to "upgrade".

No HLD-3
No RM-CB1

I think E-300 users might be more inclinde to move up and buy the next E-1.

I can't but agree with Mike. The E-300 is already a very capable camera and E-330 live preview is not a significant upgrade, I think.

dont discount on what e-330 can offer to new buyers or existing e-300 users. it has lots of features that is not found in either bodies of e-300 and e-500.

i am fascinated by its features but as what Mikefellh pointed out about the grip, is a no-no for me unless i can muster the technique of holding the camera steadily without it.

NMSS_2 said:
dont discount on what e-330 can offer to new buyers or existing e-300 users. it has lots of features that is not found in either bodies of e-300 and e-500.

i am fascinated by its features but as what Mikefellh pointed out about the grip, is a no-no for me unless i can muster the technique of holding the camera steadily without it.

Personally, I find the E-300 easier/more stable on the hands with the HLD 3 though I wish everything can be smaller. However, having said this the RM-CB1(cable release) is only available via the HLD 3. I wonder what are the other new features of the e-330.

There are no samples of the new 7.5MP sensor. It may be the same, worse or better. We will know soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.