DPReview.com Posts Canon EOS D60 Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I read this review correctly? Phil is comparing D60 with the D1x and giving at least an equivalent standing for D60 at D1x level. That's a $3500 camera to a $7000 camera!!!

:gbounce: :gbounce: :gbounce:

Originally posted by Shadus
Did I read this review correctly? Phil is comparing D60 with the D1x and giving at least an equivalent standing for D60 at D1x level. That's a $3500 camera to a $7000 camera!!!

He did mention that before the D100 is out, the D1x is the closest comparison, which he did the comparison with first. He also mentioned that although image quality may be on par, but that is only one part of what makes a good camera, the other features of the D1x beats the D60...

Originally posted by Shadus

so what are u waiting for ?:devil:

Originally posted by willyfoo

He did mention that before the D100 is out, the D1x is the closest comparison, which he did the comparison with first. He also mentioned that although image quality may be on par, but that is only one part of what makes a good camera, the other features of the D1x beats the D60...

That's right. You can beat up on the D1x, you can't do the same with the D60. I'm sure the shutter lag and focussing is much better with the D1x. :D

Originally posted by YSLee

That's right. You can beat up on the D1x, you can't do the same with the D60. I'm sure the shutter lag and focussing is much better with the D1x. :D

The D1X will focus much faster, and in lower light conditions than the D60. And with an AFS lens, the D1X will definitely focus faster than the D60 with USM. :rbounce:

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang

The D1X will focus much faster, and in lower light conditions than the D60. And with an AFS lens, the D1X will definitely focus faster than the D60 with USM. :rbounce:

hmm.....D1x will focus much faster, better in low light conditions, and take a noiser picture with more noise, and more jpeg artifacts. yeah, it has more of everything :rbounce:

of course the D1x has to win somewhere, for the price it commands (double that of a D60...)

if not where to hide its face? :D

uh-oh, jed will be after me for that one ;)

Originally posted by YSLee

Well, talking about beating someone up with the D1x is correct - you can use it to *bonk bonk kok kok* someone and still take a picture after that - not sure if the D30/D60/D100 can take that kind of abuse ;p

Anyway, we *ALL* know that its the person *BEHIND* the camera that makes the picture, so all these Canon-Nikon-Minolta bashing ultimately goes nowhere.

Originally posted by Red Dawn

hmm.....D1x will focus much faster, better in low light conditions, and take a noiser picture with more noise, and more jpeg artifacts. yeah, it has more of everything :rbounce:

of course the D1x has to win somewhere, for the price it commands (double that of a D60...)

if not where to hide its face? :D

uh-oh, jed will be after me for that one ;)

Shoot in NEF dear. :)

It's kinda surprising Canon chose not to improve the AF of the D30 with the D60. A big oversight for an otherwise good camera. Let's see how the D100/S2 Pro performs. :)

Regards
CK

Hi

got this message just only:

dpreview.com: This page is temporarily unavailable
The server has recently restarted.
The forums database is not yet ready for queries.
Please try again in two minutes.

maybe the review was so hot, it crashed the server when too many pple try to read it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.