Downsample to reduce noise... think again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess that the demosaicing + downsampling process is similar where ever you do the down sampling. :think:

Explained in the last portion of that article.

*edit* mabbe split into the different color channels then NR individually... not sure if it's better.

Last edited:
NR + downsampling is still the best tool we have if you can't get larger photosites.

Believe me, I love my 12.7MP full frame, but there are days and situations where carrying 'full firepower' makes you stick out like a sore thumb so you have to compromise with less.

Those at dpreview really need to take a proper course on signal processing...

I am not disagreeing with you, but I'm curious though, and would respectfully like to hear a detailed technical explanation if you would be able to provide one. Do you have a better way to reduce noise or perform these tests?

Those at dpreview really need to take a proper course on signal processing...

I think this goes beyond DSP... think it also involve demosaicing and sampling techniques.

Anyway, they did not mention how they sample the noise as well... so far we just take their charts as correct (even for all those cam reviews)... so should we doubt this chart? It's up to individual to be discerning... juz like their current G10 review... suddenly every Canon P&S owners doubt their reviews and suddenly all the LX3 users agrees with reviewers. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.