Download IE8 !

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally won't bother unless it has some very important features that no other browser has. I quit using IE years ago.

I personally won't bother unless it has some very important features that no other browser has. I quit using IE years ago.

Agreed. I only use (IE) if i need to. I have also stop using Win for personal usage , prefer sticking to linux and mac- never look back. Firefox and safari are my preferential browsers.

Agreed. I only use (IE) if i need to. I have also stop using Win for personal usage , prefer sticking to linux and mac- never look back. Firefox and safari are my preferential browsers.

Windows 7 will rule the world, kick Linux and Mac's ass :thumbsup:

Safari is almost as bad as Internet Exploder 8. As I generally use a Mac first, I only use Safari on sites where other browsers aren't working correctly since it's such a security risk. A Mac was compromised through Safari in just seconds the other day.

Windows 7 will rule the world, kick Linux and Mac's ass :thumbsup:

Windows 7 might rule the Windows world because it's not nearly as bad as Vista, but I seriously doubt it's going to kick anything.

I tried IE 8 on WinXP and it's a bit better than IE 7, but it misbehaved a few times already.

IE8? Microsoft's attempt to catch up with the features in Firefox? And it's super slooooow

Over 80% of desktop PCs using Microsoft products, 80% must be right! :thumbsup:

No, it's called a monopoly. doesn't mean they're right or good.

Ever try buying a PC and think you have a choice of buying a non-MS OS?

At IE8 site at microsoft, there is a video about its perfomance test, supposedly to tell ppl how "fast" it is. However, only after about 2 minutes plus of rhetoric later, then it shows you the test results. There is still a line in the video "How quickly can you get where you want to go and what you one to do". How ironic.

Nevertheless, downloaded it hoping that is is a good replacement for IE7. Less than a minute, discovered that its tab browsing not working (When u open a link it new tab is just won't load that page). Microsoft never fails to disappoint.. switching back to Chrome.

i have been using for past few days, find it much faster even when i open multiple browser. but some website alignments are out and i have to re-login some forums very often

I wouldn't especially since it's still in Beta. Besides, I've been a very happy Firefox user for the past few years anyway. :)
Explorer 8: Bugs, Crashes, Glitches, Oh My!
Early adopters of Internet Explorer 8 say the new Microsoft (NSDQ: MSFT) browser is causing a range of unexpected issues, including missing Web content, system crashes, and Internet tools that don't function properly.

:Later,

Last edited:
IE8 will kick FF's ass soon! :thumbsup:

They are both kicking my ass only lah... and I don't mean this in a good way.
Eversince my last update of FireFox, it just keeps crashing... stupid thing!
Now I will have to uninstall this and reinstall an older version.
How come each time a newer version of FF comes out, it sucks more and more?
I have been using FF for 10 years... it is just getting worse, esp. in the past year.
Gone are the days where FF is a good and stable browser... these days, it seems that such does not exist.... sighhhh......

IE8? Microsoft's attempt to catch up with the features in Firefox? And it's super slooooow

Yahhh... I had been using tabs for years before one fine day, I found that Explorer finally has tabs too. Does Microsoft really expect us to go "Wowww! Tab browsing!!!". Come on man... get real!

gave up on IE long time ago and switched to FF. downloaded the latest Safari and after 3 days... gave up too. back to FF... and FF is still the best around. tried Chrome... gave up too.

They are both kicking my ass only lah... and I don't mean this in a good way.
Eversince my last update of FireFox, it just keeps crashing... stupid thing!
Now I will have to uninstall this and reinstall an older version.
How come each time a newer version of FF comes out, it sucks more and more?
I have been using FF for 10 years... it is just getting worse, esp. in the past year.
Gone are the days where FF is a good and stable browser... these days, it seems that such does not exist.... sighhhh......

Yahhh... I had been using tabs for years before one fine day, I found that Explorer finally has tabs too. Does Microsoft really expect us to go "Wowww! Tab browsing!!!". Come on man... get real!

how can u use FF for 10 years when it released in 2004? :bigeyes:

Unless u are talking about other pre-FF version...which earliest released is 2002.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.