Download IE8 !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Free browser, whether IE, Firefox, Safari or Linux, use what you feel is good to go for you.

It's not going to add money into your bank account.

Seem that a lot of FF and Safari supporters here....but how come IE still hold the majority market share? :thumbsup:

Seem that a lot of FF and Safari supporters here....but how come IE still hold the majority market share? :thumbsup:
For a number of reasons. Among others:

- IE coming in bundled with the OS.
- Use of proprietary technologies like ActiveX.
- Users being lazy/ignorant/unaware/<insert word here> to try other browsers
- Companies standardizing on IE to -- among other things -- save time, effort and cost (i.e. cross browser support for intranet pages).

:Later,

Ignorance and government/company-based websites coded only for IE.

Most people won't change unless an alternative is placed directly in front of them. I've seen so many news reports where people were cheated because Internet Exploder was vulnerable to attack and people didn't know any better than to trust it.

Anyone who shops online with IE might as well just publish their bank account numbers for everyone to use.

IE version 8 is better but reminds me that Microsoft are more concerned about having fun at work than producing excellent products.

been downloaded the official version of IE8 and tried that as well.
Not very good as compared with FF and my IE keeps having problem for properly opening website. Not so good as what claimed by MS.

Not very good as compared with FF and my IE keeps having problem for properly opening website. Not so good as what claimed by MS.

no worries, IE 8 service park 2 will solve all the negilible issues you have. :thumbsup:

Haha. I'd hate to see you as a MS helpdesk. Coz every issue I have may end up classified as negligible. :bsmilie:

Just kidding hor. ;)

:Later,

If I am the helpdesk, I'll ask you to use Firefox. :bsmilie:

IE8 doeesn't support NORTON 360

Didn't all versions of IE have trouble rendering websites properly? I thought that was part of the reason they had to use MS-only versions of HTML and JavaScript. Taking over the world was just a side effect.

I just downloaded it the other day.

Not much of surprise to me because it seems that the performance wise, it is like the IE7.

The browser is kinda slow for me and prefer firefox and chrome. :cool:

Thought IE8 by right should be faster than IE7? :think:

imagesreasons-20for-20using-20ie.jpg

IE6 / 7 are bundled browsers when purchased with XP / Vista.

Companies using IE is because most users only use it for intranet, in fact many companies stopped using IE due to security loopholes. Many switched to FF and Opera.

Personally, I stopped at IE6 and am now using Opera as my main and FF as backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.