Downgrade from 300D to Pro1 or G6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk_online

Jul 29, 2003
Hi all.. Photography in my life has taken a backseat lately due to work commitment and time w my new gf.. :D well, to the point...

The 300D SLR has been awesome and giving me great pictures, but however due to the bulk.. i find it a real hassle to carry around. Hence the nagging urge to step out of the dark side.

Of course there's always the option of buying a backup compact digicam, but nawp.. doesnt work for me.

I'm contemplating.. Should i post a WTT thread for a Pro1? or sell this bulk off and get the latest G6? any advices?

well,if you really insist(or your GF insists) to let go 300D,too bad.
Then go for G6 if you shoot generally,from 35-140mm.
But if you really need 28-200mm all rounder,more versatile,more coverage,get it.
Both can give good shot,but G6 is cheaper.Of course.
I will get G6 if I am not so keen on photo shooting in die hard manner.Save money

why not just keep ur 300D and get a simple P&S - eg. the A-series? it would be more economical, in case u decide to pick up DSLR again. ;)

get the G6, image quality should be quite close to 300D and its not much bigger than A series. Noise also not as bad as Pro 1.

Any better choices from other brands? say equivalent of not better than these 2 models?

Pro1's 28-200 is really a great range.. and the design is nice too.. it's black! G series seems somewhat intentionally limited in it's capabilities.. it's been using the same lens design since forever. :dunno:

spare set is not an option for me coz i don't shoot much nowadays.. it'll be 2 gadgets depreciating at lighting speed ready for the next grinning buyer..

thx all for d advices

Why not get her into photography?
My wife usually follow me around when i take pictures. :D One good reason for me to get a 20D if the time comes when she decided to actually get a DSLR.. she can use my currently 300D. hahahhaa..

jus a suggestion.

evq said:
Why not get her into photography?
My wife usually follow me around when i take pictures. :D One good reason for me to get a 20D if the time comes when she decided to actually get a DSLR.. she can use my currently 300D. hahahhaa..

jus a suggestion.

actually, she's not against it.. it's just me wanting a smaller camera to carry around just in case i feel like taking some snaps... :sweat:

DSLR was a bad idea for.. shows how easy it is to overbuy what u want rather than what u need.. greedy me.. :embrass:

sk_online said:
actually, she's not against it.. it's just me wanting a smaller camera to carry around just in case i feel like taking some snaps... :sweat:

DSLR was a bad idea for.. shows how easy it is to overbuy what u want rather than what u need.. greedy me.. :embrass:

I own the G6 and would gladly recommend it if you wan a P&S.. getting great shots from it.. some ppl even thot d image came from a Pro series Dslr..No regrets owning the G6..not my intention to get it but got it for free, so using as recce camera.. very good clean shots for daylight photo taking..files are bigger too.. 8 megs for Raw..

Status
Not open for further replies.