Double Pass

Photofreak123

Nov 26, 2009
Singapore
clubsnap.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
I would like to know if the colour's alright.. skin tones etc..
cos when it comes to editing photos with people, i am always i doubt.

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
From my point of view i want it to show the spirit and enthusiasm of the athletics, portraying sportsmanship.

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Erm.. if i am not wrong i squated down when taking this picture

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture.
I think is still kinda well exposed.. If i'm wrong pls enlighten me

thanks alot!!!

This is an action picture, so, action comes first, not skin tones. Learn the technique of slow panning and zooming will benefits you in your future shooting of sport event.

Can hear some girls laughing in the backgrd.

Merging of legs and bodies make viewers confusing.

Only good points were the extended hands.

background is muddy and cluttered

Exposure is OK

never cut the picture off at the joints, guy on the far right looks weird

Oh.. haha.. thanks man.. i do have to admit that the background seems messy hor? haha.. using low-ends lens so maybe tt's y.. meanwhile thanks for all the comments. truly appreciated!!

can still see a girl with plaster on her knees...

action is still abit blur, need mroe shutter speed, now get a better background, Zoom in more, shoot wide open

try raw and convert hdr, might be even better imo^_^

try raw and convert hdr, might be even better imo^_^

I don't understand this point. I don't really do HDR but if you have RAW, isn't it already possible tweak using that single picture to pull the highlights or shadows into what you want? Unless you are talking about taking multiple pictures with multiple exposures, in which case it wouldn't have worked because this is not landscape; the movement from one frame to the next would have made HDR not possible.

And lastly, what is wrong with the original picture's exposure that requires HDR fixing? :dunno: I thought the exposure is okay actually, but maybe you can explain in more detail?