Double Fall

Joshua Tan

Apr 10, 2010
myphotokaki.blogspot.com
Hi All,

This is my first photo taking with my new toys D3s - AF-S NIKKOR 50MM 1:1.4G - ISO 3200 - f/2.2 - Exposure time 1/20sec. without tripod.

Need some comment from all the seniors & sifu here.

Thank you in advance!:)

4514938716_d9f4000ffa_m.jpg

Last edited:
post might as well dun post. So small photo......:sweat:

Hi All,

This is my first photo taking with my new toys D3s - AF-S NIKKOR 50MM 1:1.4G - ISO 3200 - f/2.2 - Exposure time 1/20sec. without tripod.

Need some comment from all the seniors & sifu here.

Thank you in advance!:)

4514938716_d9f4000ffa_m.jpg
Why did you choose ISO 3200, f/2.2 and 1/20" ??

Hi Fireemblem, can advise me how to put up bigger picture? newbies here la..:)

In flickr, click "All sizes" above the picture. Select A larger size and click it. You will see the line "2. Grab the photo's URL:". Below there is a text box with the image link. Copy that and use that URL as the image link.

Hi ZerocoolAstra, I just try it out with the new camera with auto exposure and change the ISO 3200 where the area are dark. Need to learn more on all Manual details from here. :embrass:

Just pickup the hobby again and thing change a lot.. blur blur liao...

Thanks Fireemblem & Daredevil123 for your link.

dsc1287z.jpg

Cheers!

For me, I will choose a longer shutter like 1 second to make the water look smooth. If you have a tripod with you, then 1 second will not be a problem.. The water in your photo looks harsh to me.

Hi ZerocoolAstra, I just try it out with the new camera with auto exposure and change the ISO 3200 where the area are dark. Need to learn more on all Manual details from here. :embrass:

Just pickup the hobby again and thing change a lot.. blur blur liao...

Thanks Fireemblem & Daredevil123 for your link.

dsc1287z.jpg

Cheers!

Nice...keep it up. Go out and shoot more. :angel:

Thank you your the comment were keep taking more photo now. When I am out I bring along my camera and try to take anything come to my eye every 10 minute. Learning to recognize a shot with 30 sec.

Once again, just to say a Big Thank You.

Joshua Tan:)

Just a thought for you to mull over - there is a time and place for everything. In other words, consider varying the way you said you take photos.

Training up a quick eye and fast hands for photographic opportunities would be good for situations like candids, street photography, sports. But for landscapes, you have the luxury of time. So for the same scene, you experiment more. Try different camera settings (eg different shutter speeds) to see how the photos turn out, which ones you prefer.

Nice toys u have.. no doubt D3s ISO is remarkable but nothing beats a tripod for some scenarios where long shutter speed is preferred.

Nice toys u have.. no doubt D3s ISO is remarkable but nothing beats a tripod for some scenarios where long shutter speed is preferred.

Nice toys indeed. Aside from using a tripod it'll be good to try out the other modes of the cam besides auto ISO.

Keep it up and get used to ur new toy, u missed this hobby after so long and u jumped immediately into D3s? :thumbsup:

And for shots like this, tripod is desriable on top on some NDs..
U dun really need high iso to shoot a scene lidat :)

Keep it up and get used to ur new toy, u missed this hobby after so long and u jumped immediately into D3s? :thumbsup:

And for shots like this, tripod is desriable on top on some NDs..
U dun really need high iso to shoot a scene lidat :)
that's why I was asking why TS used ISO3200... and the answer is "i just try out... "
:bigeyes:

wah.... D3s is kinda wasted... hahahaha
I'm jealous that such a fine tool is not put to good use.

Wahhhhh.......... D3s leh!!!!! My dream..... No Money..... stick with what I have now, no choice.

Just a thought for you to mull over - there is a time and place for everything. In other words, consider varying the way you said you take photos.

Training up a quick eye and fast hands for photographic opportunities would be good for situations like candids, street photography, sports. But for landscapes, you have the luxury of time. So for the same scene, you experiment more. Try different camera settings (eg different shutter speeds) to see how the photos turn out, which ones you prefer.

Thanks Watchthewaves, for your advise and were go back to the same place to try out again, still need time to play around the D3s maybe got to use back my old SPRO3 again when back from service.

Cheers!:)