Double A rechargebale batteries used...

Status
Not open for further replies.

harper

Mar 13, 2005
lost in translation
erm... curious what's the difference between the sanyo those 2500mAh and the eneloop which are 2000mAh... the prices seems like the sanyo 2500 is a lot cheaper but thought the higher mAh should be better and thus more ex?...

btw, which rechargeables are you guys using?...

The eneloop can retain its charge better than normal NiMHs.
After charging, even after a long time, it's still usable unlike NiMHs which discharges at a faster rate.

The higher the mAh, the more juice the battery has so it can last longer.

Using a mixture of Powerex 2700mAh & Sanyo 2300mAh.

I have 3 sets of 4 x PowerEx 2700
1 set of it in 2200 and 1 set in 2000

erm... curious what's the difference between the sanyo those 2500mAh and the eneloop which are 2000mAh... the prices seems like the sanyo 2500 is a lot cheaper but thought the higher mAh should be better and thus more ex?...

btw, which rechargeables are you guys using?...
Some say the eneloop is cross breeding between Ni-MH and Alkaline :sweat: .

Ok, eneloop is a new technology for rechargeable battery that have very low self discharge. That's mean, it is like an Alkaline battery. You can straight away use it after you buy (because it is already charge in factory). Ni-MH can not. You need to charge it first prior to use. And, if you keep eneloop battery after charging, another six months you still can use it like after charging (the capacity still full or just a bit drop). Ni-MH, maybe capacity will be only half after six months.

BTW, I am using powerex 2700mAh Ni-MH AA batteries, and some old 1700mAh GP Ni-MH AA batteries.

Regards,
Arto.

Some say the eneloop is cross breeding between Ni-MH and Alkaline :sweat: .

Ok, eneloop is a new technology for rechargeable battery that have very low self discharge. That's mean, it is like an Alkaline battery. You can straight away use it after you buy (because it is already charge in factory). Ni-MH can not. You need to charge it first prior to use. And, if you keep eneloop battery after charging, another six months you still can use it like after charging (the capacity still full or just a bit drop). Ni-MH, maybe capacity will be only half after six months.

BTW, I am using powerex 2700mAh Ni-MH AA batteries, and some old 1700mAh GP Ni-MH AA batteries.

Regards,
Arto.

oh... i've got some old 1700 GP too but think that my camera does not accept them... can't power up using them...

If one need to store away their batt for 6 months, then they shouldnt have bought it in the first place ;p

Why worry that your batt self-discharge? Just charge it before you use it next day.

Since most people are using fast charger (1 hr), it is not a problem anyway. Even if your batt self-discharge by 30% after 6 months, you only need to top up charge for only 20 mins later.

Just be sure to store your Nimh batt with at least 80% charge if you wanna store for long time.

Has anyone seen or used Uniross Hybriose battery? (Hope I spelled it correctly). Seems like it can retain charges like the eneloop but cheaper, but can't seem to find it anywhere in Singapore.

Has anyone seen or used Uniross Hybriose battery? (Hope I spelled it correctly). Seems like it can retain charges like the eneloop but cheaper, but can't seem to find it anywhere in Singapore.

think i saw it at funan challenger... somewhere near the casher...

the eneloop battery is a new technology that has a very very very low discharge rate , making it able to retain at least 80% of its charge after a long period of storage unlike other rechargeable batts.

im using the powerex batts and sanyo batteries with the powerex quick charger. i'll be getting another set of powerex batts. powerex and sanyo batts feels better than the GP batteries. i gave up on GP a looonnnggg time ago

Just gotten my Eneloop recently.. My very first rechargables.. :) Used them for the first time without charging on the charger in my camera flash..

However I noted that at the final moments where the batts were running out of juice, the flash recycle rate did not slow down much before my flash completely died off - the pilot light doesnt come on (although the display panel is still displaying the info).

Are rechargables like tt, or it's probably my batts are 'new'?

You can also find them at SELF-FIX stores.

UPDATE: I just saw it at SHOP & SAFE.

UPDATE 2: Uniross batteries are also on sale at the office of T. H. International Pte Ltd. (107, Defu Lane 10, Fullion Building, Level 2)

However I noted that at the final moments where the batts were running out of juice, the flash recycle rate did not slow down much before my flash completely died off - the pilot light doesnt come on (although the display panel is still displaying the info).

Yes. This is the characteristic of rechargeables. Unlike alkaline where they will gradually discharge. So make sure you bring some spares and change out on the first instance that you notice the voltage is reducing (like slightly longer flash recycle time). If not, you may miss your moments....

Just gotten my Eneloop recently.. My very first rechargables.. :) Used them for the first time without charging on the charger in my camera flash..

This could be due to the fall-off rate for this type of batteries. The alkalines have a generally slow curve for the duscharge rate, and you can see the difference easily. Whereas rechargables tend to have a high plateau then sharply fall off to the low.

I am also using eneloop on my K100D. It's quite good. But I got 1 qns, can eneloop be charged by the old sanyo charger? I got a 1 hr quick charge charger for my 2500 bat. :D

I am also using eneloop on my K100D. It's quite good. But I got 1 qns, can eneloop be charged by the old sanyo charger? I got a 1 hr quick charge charger for my 2500 bat. :D

Hiee...

Best to use dedicated battery chargers to the intended batteries. As High current charge rate now exists - like those 1hr fast charge. These chargers are dedicated due to Nimh Batteries that have specific charge rate that will bring it to full charge. Over charging will eventually cause heating that may degrade the batteries. Thes dedicated chargers will have full charge state and trickle stage.

Some chargers have specific cyclic trickle charge that will full top up batteries to really full - over a duration. But again due to the difference between battery chemistires, these will be subjected to some misfits like - Charge terminate earlier than it suppose to or overcharging. When your batteries gets about to 80~90 % charge the battries will normally get warm-up. Over topping (when battery already about 90% full) in full current charge rate may cause higher heating rate that may cause battery damage - e.g leakage(venting) , degradation etc.

Therefore i recommend dedicated chargers.

Yes. This is the characteristic of rechargeables. Unlike alkaline where they will gradually discharge. So make sure you bring some spares and change out on the first instance that you notice the voltage is reducing (like slightly longer flash recycle time). If not, you may miss your moments....

This could be due to the fall-off rate for this type of batteries. The alkalines have a generally slow curve for the duscharge rate, and you can see the difference easily. Whereas rechargables tend to have a high plateau then sharply fall off to the low.

Thanks for the advice. :)

I kena when I was shooting one of the public fashion shows at Vivo.. :( Had to change batts and missed a couple of shots.

where to get best price for powerEx batt? or is there any offer now?

Status
Not open for further replies.