Dot on the LCD Screen..!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sadal

Jan 15, 2005
folks,
i have a dot on my E300 LCD screen. I noticed that last night
while i browsed across pictures in the play mode. Connected to notebook
to find if that affected the picture, Thank God, it didn't.

Have any of you heard this or come across a thing like this. Your any
input will be highly appreciated.

thanks & regards, adal

It's a dead pixel. It will not affect the pics. Not too sure if this is covered under warranty. Or you could just live with it.

thanks for the info jbma. well, i read in an other forum that dead pixel
relates to both LCD and CCD. looks like the problem i have is with
the LCD. is there an option to correct this problem or should I send
my cam to Oly service.

thanks adal

If it affects the CCD, you can try to use the pixel mapping functions.

As for LCD, I guess, it's pretty hard to fix and they need to change the whole LCD.

doubliewkay said:
If it affects the CCD, you can try to use the pixel mapping functions.

As for LCD, I guess, it's pretty hard to fix and they need to change the whole LCD.

how does the pixel mapping function works? i have few dead pixels on the ccd which appears consistent on night shots and test shots with lens cap on.

NMSS_2 said:
how does the pixel mapping function works? i have few dead pixels on the ccd which appears consistent on night shots and test shots with lens cap on.

You can check the E-300 user manual pg. 183 on how to activate the pixel mapping.

Cheers.....

Pixel mapping is a process which is usually done with all new digital cameras at the factory, so they are essentially 'perfect' out of the box - even though the realities of life mean that the image sensors the cameras contain often do suffer a few problematic pixels from day one.

Read for more details at:
http://www.imaging-resource.com/NEWS/998087928.html

hello sadal,

i just discovered that my e300 also as a dead pixel on the lcd yesterday. were wondering about whether to send for repair also. i just bought mine 4 days ago. dun know can return to change a new one or not......

sadal said:
folks,
i have a dot on my E300 LCD screen. I noticed that last night
while i browsed across pictures in the play mode. Connected to notebook
to find if that affected the picture, Thank God, it didn't.

Have any of you heard this or come across a thing like this. Your any
input will be highly appreciated.

thanks & regards, adal

l_n_h said:
hello sadal,

i just discovered that my e300 also as a dead pixel on the lcd yesterday. were wondering about whether to send for repair also. i just bought mine 4 days ago. dun know can return to change a new one or not......

I have 2 dead pixiel on my LCD & View Finder of my C8080 :( when I bought it last year. I call the shop and ask them if I can exchange one w/o dead pixiel. They ask me to come down to the shop to have a check and they change another set for me. :) U can try & call the shop you buy from to check.

Status
Not open for further replies.