Dopod D810: Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfgang

Apr 29, 2002
Riddle Realms
wolfgang.clubsnap.org
Just curious.

If i upgrade the OS for my Dopod D810 from WM5 to WM6, would it affect the functionality of my GPS chip? (i.e. disable the chip)

What are the plus or pros for upgrading to WM6?

Kindly advice. :)

Thank you.

Hey bro, i upgraded my D810 to wm6 speed seems a little faster but must warn you first, the windows live application will copy all your msn contacts to the phone's phonebook when you try to log on to msn. i deleted the emails one by one from my D810 phonebook, next thing i know my msn contacts all gone! as for gps i have not tried so cannot comment.

nope, it will not disable the GPS. all GPS capabilities will be retained.

and as for the Windows Live Messenger issue, you can upgdae to a newer build (10.6.31.1600). it could be found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=328392 (you need to register to download)

have fun with your phone! =)

Hey bro, i upgraded my D810 to wm6 speed seems a little faster but must warn you first, the windows live application will copy all your msn contacts to the phone's phonebook when you try to log on to msn. i deleted the emails one by one from my D810 phonebook, next thing i know my msn contacts all gone! as for gps i have not tried so cannot comment.

Hey Jer,

sounds like a scary situation. Anyway to work around that? :sweat:

nope, it will not disable the GPS. all GPS capabilities will be retained.

and as for the Windows Live Messenger issue, you can upgdae to a newer build (10.6.31.1600). it could be found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=328392 (you need to register to download)

have fun with your phone! =)

No issues, when upgrade to WM6. The GPS works fine.

phoakm/Stratix,

Thanks Guys. :)

Hey Jer,

sounds like a scary situation. Anyway to work around that? :sweat:

install the .cab file from my previous post. you'll get an option to disable contact sync for Messenger. =)

i am using a regular pda wthout phone facility, HP2490 running WM5. can it be upgraded to WM6? and where to get the upgrade files from?

i am using a regular pda wthout phone facility, HP2490 running WM5. can it be upgraded to WM6? and where to get the upgrade files from?

HP dun really have support for WM6 upgrade for their older versions. Upgrade at your own risk.

HP dun really have support for WM6 upgrade for their older versions. Upgrade at your own risk.

thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.