Dopod 900 vs O2 Atom

Status
Not open for further replies.

fierysnake

Feb 26, 2006
Singapore
Hi Guys,

Am planning to buy a pda phone but not sure which is better. For Dopod 900, it comes with 3G but Atom doesnt. Is it more worth to get Dopod? How stable is Dopod?

Thanks in adv

Dun get the Atom.... too many bad reviews at the moment...

Get the XDA IIi instead. Much more stable

The right question here is - Do you need the 3G?

The Dopod 900 is HUGE :sweat: .. believe me .. Why not consider the Dopod 818Pro or the Eten M600?

There has been several releases of new firmware for Atom. So what you may have heard is probably no longer true.

Why not pop over to here to check out the discussion forum:
http://www.ppcsg.com/

Each has it's own advantages so can't really say which is better. Basically look at your need and decide. For me, after considering Dopod 900, 818pro, Atom and Eten M600, I decided to get the M600 because of it good memony for installing software (80MB). But the down side is the peaker is a bit soft.

i using 02 Atom.. so far very happy... unlike my fren whom have been sending back to the service centre many time...cos auto off... change motherboard for the 3rd time

have you ever hands-on with the dopod 900? man! it feels like a kindergarten laptop toy wannabe..

Me considering the Dopod 818pro and the Eten M600... decisions decisions...

nuts said:
Me considering the Dopod 818pro and the Eten M600... decisions decisions...

Dopod 818Pro for camera

Eten M600 for performance

Head to the relevant forums to read about it more ;)

eten m600.. can get from eastgear also. =)

M1shop having online promotion for Atom now (u pay $528 if u trade in a $200 value phone)... M1 users can check it out. I got a Dopod 818 Pro from a previous promo ($698 wo trade-in).

I considered those mentioned above, and tried them at the shops. Checked out the review and opinions at forums.

Got myself a O2 IIi ..

Love it. Really fast, stable. I just wish it was on Win Mobile 5 instead of WinSE 2003!

Anyone know where I can flash it?

photoconceptz said:
Anyone thought of the HP IPAQ 6828?

I am looking at this too .... cost a bomb though :sweat:

rw6828 is a much better alternative, plus the renowned establishment of the HP brandname and its prestine reputation on post-sale customer service. Search through the web, or perhaps from your friends, you will know of the notorious troubles one can encounter with O2 and Dopod's local service centres.

I am using the Dopod 900. Yes it is heavy because of the titanium casing. It is a sub-notebook. So it is a different catogery from the rest. It's got everything that I need: uses SD card, wifi, bluetooth and most of all the keyboard is good.

max online having a good promotion

don think pda need wifi .. screen so small also hard to surf
but i think is a good deal might be signing the plan as my singnet is gg to end soon

jbma said:
I am using the Dopod 900. Yes it is heavy because of the titanium casing. It is a sub-notebook. So it is a different catogery from the rest. It's got everything that I need: uses SD card, wifi, bluetooth and most of all the keyboard is good.

I'm using the Dopod 900 too.. nice VGA screen.. excellent for surfing websites (using Opera)... 3G which is good for unlimited 3G data usage.. going for $78/mth now..

If you know how to configure it properly.. it's quite good :)

that's a good promo from maxonline for the HP.

yup, read that HP has very good after-sales service. someone had motherboard problems with his dopod and has to wait for 3 weeks before parts arrive!!!

I simply chose one of the cheaper and smaller one around (Dopod 818 Pro). Didn't use the wifi much (54mbps supported) cos screen is pretty small. Just hope that there's not much hardware issues ;p playing movies/video (on TCPMP), listening to songs, simple games and PIM are all quite alright and fast despite the slow 195MHz processor (overclocked a bit too).

while I was in HK, I saw more models... one from Asus and one from Gigabyte. Both running WM5.0 too.

Status
Not open for further replies.