Door to Heaven...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ransoma22

Mar 31, 2002
KTV Lounge Hall
Door to Heaven?

F1010035.jpg

Taken using Nikon F80s and Ilford Delta 100.

Well I do feel that if there was something there in the "door" it might be better. Like someone walking towards it that kind of feeling?

ransoma22 said:
Door to Heaven?

F1010035.jpg

Taken using Nikon F80s and Ilford Delta 100.

good observation there.. I like the lighting and the gradual lights. Did you try stopping down to get better contrast?

My take: try to approach this in a more factual/ symmetrical sense by framing it square. The current framing doesn't really work for your title :) but still I like the shot, the tonals are very appealing.

Where's this place btw, care to share?? Thanks!!

Hi Alex,

This is an interesting shot with an unusual perspective. I think that your concept can be made bolder if the sky was more apparent, say by having more texture in the clouds. Furthermore, the 'T' shaped pipe at the lower part of the picture may confuse viewers because they normally would not expect to find such a pipe on the ground obstructing walking movement towards the door. Commendable effort nonetheless.

Cheers,

SniperD: Nope. I did not stop down. Noted of your view on this picture.
Thanks! Re-shoot!

zaren: Thanks. Maybe i try dodging and burning in Photoshop to bring out the sky. :think: .

Taken at China Square Central, near Hotprint. Walk along Hotprint from Hong Lim, turn left you see a pathway(there a mini-garden), look up, you will see this. Hope it helps.

See this, it on the right. ;)
F1010033.jpg

Don't work for me. Nothing's happening.

I'll give you credit for your developing though, if you did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.