Doom3, how do you rate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahbeng

Jun 9, 2003
Visit site
For those who have played Doom3, how do you find it?

If you like FPS (First person shooter) game. Go get this... as you should know that this is the most anticipated games since 4 years ago. However you really need a kick-ass graphic card in order to run the game at a playable 35+fps.

As for my decent setup XP2000+, 512MB ram, ATi Radeon 9500Pro @ 330/300. Only can run at 800x600x32, medium quality, about 30fps, and when more than 3 monster, fps drop till 10+ :cry:

Superb realistic graphics and lighting effect, great sound effect too. What else on FPS? just shoot shoot shoot... but its quite scary when putting on a earphone... kekekeke...

hwchoy said:
anyone used a P4 2.4GHz/1GB RAM with Nvidia GeForce FX 5700 256MB?

Really about the Graphic Card lor. Ur system is good enough. The game is damn graphic intensive man.

The graphic is very nice, game play is so-so. The only fun part is it tries to scare players, physics is not fantastic at all (Painkiller still the best in physics). Waiting for HL2. :)

I prefer CS Source Beta

I dun like to shoot those monsters, CS more realistic

But at the moment not many servers can play :(

State of the art graphics :thumbsup: , poor AI or non at all :thumbsd: , 10-year old storyline :thumbsd: .

I'll take COD or MOHAA. :thumbsup:

chunger said:
Really about the Graphic Card lor. Ur system is good enough. The game is damn graphic intensive man.

actually it is quite weird. my card does great with NFS Underground but ran into jerking problem (as if some buffer is overflowing regularly) while playing Mech Warrior 4.

I suspect some older game can't handle a card that reports more than 128MB graphics RAM. I had one older program reporting that the card has 64MB.

Also anyone playing Jane's USAF on WXP?

hwchoy said:
erm… what's COD and MOHAA?

anyone play NFS Underground?

Call Of Duty
Medal Of Honour Allied Assault
:) I play NFSU, not bad with all the effects turned on.

hwchoy said:
erm… what's COD and MOHAA?

anyone play NFS Underground?

It's Call Of Duty and Medal Of Honor Allied Assault. Both are award winning (I think :dunno: ) WW2 FPS. I always like WW2 era games.

Both COD and MOHAA have very good single player missions, especially COD. It has movie-lookalike missions such as Beaucourt Mansion (as in Band of Bros), Pegasus Bridge (as in The Longest Day) and Stalingrad (as in Enemy at the Gates).

Unplayable on my notebook. No problems playing other games like UT2004.
Not worth buying a $3k PC just to play this game.

From what I've heard, state of the art graphics, gameplay no different from other Doom games (ie. years behind other games released now).

I'll take gameplay over graphics any day.

Bring on HL2!

wow... surprise that uncles here are also PC gamers :eek:

COD/MOHAA/BlackHawkDown/NFSU/UT2004/Unreal2/D3... all are nice games. :thumbsup:

Don't know why there is no local server to host Doom3 :(
I'm waiting for Singnet 1500BB activation, anyone wanna to join my server in coming days :D :D

Hi,

I played it on my AMD 1700+ with 256MB RAM, GeForce 4 4200 64MB. Of course I did not ramp up the graphics settings. But it's still playable and looking good.

Hate the switching of torchlight and weapons. But it's the first game I know that forces you to use the torchlight. But it really makes you feel the environments that you are in.

Basically Doom 3 is a tech demo for ID Software.

Cheers!

Royce said:
Isn't D3 multiplayer only Death Match and has max 4 player limit?

The default multiplayer modes are Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Last Man Standing & Tournament. And yes, max of 4 player per default server.

Other mods will be added later just like the Quake series which will allow different type of multiplayer gameplay, more player per server, etc.

However the network codes seem to need some refinements.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.