Don't waste your time with KFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I think i have made my point here about how rubbish KFC has become. It used to be an establishment that I enjoyed visiting, but recent experiences have prompted me to think otherwise, so much that I don't think they will be getting my support. I hope I have influenced as many of you to avoid KFC in Singapore, at least until they buck up on their standards. So if you have rubbish experiences with KFC, please post yours on this thread or the other one. I'll keep it open for next spurned ex of KFC. :bsmilie:

P.S. I have visited KFC in Japan and Hong Kong recently, standards were way way better than in Singapore. Hong Kong KFC was very oily though, but the chicken taste better, dunno where the chicken came from. Maybe next time I should cross the causeway to eat KFC, or other oprions like Ramly burger.

Okay, I think i have made my point here about how rubbish KFC has become. It used to be an establishment that I enjoyed visiting, but recent experiences have prompted me to think otherwise, so much that I don't think they will be getting my support. I hope I have influenced as many of you to avoid KFC in Singapore, at least until they buck up on their standards. So if you have rubbish experiences with KFC, please post yours on this thread or the other one. I'll keep it open for next spurned ex of KFC. :bsmilie:

P.S. I have visited KFC in Japan and Hong Kong recently, standards were way way better than in Singapore. Hong Kong KFC was very oily though, but the chicken taste better, dunno where the chicken came from. Maybe next time I should cross the causeway to eat KFC, or other oprions like Ramly burger.

ramly burger got fixed location?! :bigeyes: where where!

I don't expect them to tell me to wait 4 hours, I expect them to tell me that they either can or cannot do it within a reasonable amount of time. But what I got is "we don't deliver to where you live".

don't think they were really discriminating ..or intended to do so ..could be the way the salesperson said it

what i believe is that the system probably suggested that the order not to be taken else it may result in unacceptable waiting times. likely that kembangan area at that time had too few orders and / or they had too many other orders to fulfil that day.

normally when they deliver they will accumulate orders and deliver one shot for maximum efficiency and transport costs

nothing beat Poyeye cajun fries and whipped potato. Their chicken not bad either and definately bigger den KFC?? :bsmilie:

nothing beat Poyeye cajun fries and whipped potato. Their chicken not bad either and definately bigger den KFC?? :bsmilie:

yucks the cajun fries here soggy and mashed potato is greasey. the american one sooooo much better.

Malaysia KFC is very good, but the shops tend to be crowded and long queue. I got bad experience in Malaysia Burger King though, tats another story altogether.

yucks the cajun fries here soggy and mashed potato is greasey. the american one sooooo much better.

let me spring a surprise on u...

WELCOME
TO
SINGAPORE!!!

dun compare with the US liao. u want, u go bak there to eat. :bsmilie:

otherwise, let us all suck it up!!! hehehe

bo bian leh. I never travel to america before worrr. Haha can't compared.:bsmilie::thumbsup:

don't think they were really discriminating ..or intended to do so ..could be the way the salesperson said it

what i believe is that the system probably suggested that the order not to be taken else it may result in unacceptable waiting times. likely that kembangan area at that time had too few orders and / or they had too many other orders to fulfil that day.

normally when they deliver they will accumulate orders and deliver one shot for maximum efficiency and transport costs

I agree with everybody this makes good sense when operating a business, but at the expense of this customer and others like me, it's bad business. :complain:

let me spring a surprise on u...

WELCOME
TO
SINGAPORE!!!

dun compare with the US liao. u want, u go bak there to eat. :bsmilie:

otherwise, let us all suck it up!!! hehehe

i dun have to suck anything up just vote with my wallet and i vote no :p don't you think by continuing to patronize places with bad service and low q merchandise you're just encouraging them to continue treating their customers like shit?!

not the same without the big heavy frosted mug

"what do you do, when you're hungry as a bear?"

buy a glass mug and put it in the freezer for an hour for the frosted look lor :)

bo bian leh. I never travel to america before worrr. Haha can't compared.:bsmilie::thumbsup:

then continue eating substandard popeye lor. i find that hawker fried chicken is so much better than the fast food ones here anyway...

If you like analogies, one I can probably think of is this: If you engage a photographer to shoot on your wedding day but he is completely booked for that day, he can only tell you straight that he cannot serve you. So you feel offended. But why should you? You expect him to cancel his other assignments to serve you? Or do you expect him to tell you to change your wedding day to a later date so he can do the shoot, and only then you will feel happy?

i don't really see the logic here.

if i were to engage a photographer to shoot my wedding and he's not available on that day, i'd look for another. simple as that. why would i want to insist that he shoot for me? he's not the sole surviving photographer on the planet is he?

there are so many wedding photographers out there. just throw a an invite and you are bound to snag one.

sorry ah... this is how i see things lor.

ramly burger got fixed location?! :bigeyes: where where!

i thought Ramly Burger is a product no? any burger stands in Msia confirm sure use Ramly Burger's product.

frankly speaking, i really missed those burger/hotdogs. cheap and good. beats eating burgers and McDonalds and Burger King anytime.

however, those burger stands at pasar malam here... although they use Ramly Burger's product... the end product still sucks. burger vendors here are not creative in their wares.

if you guys ever go down to Penang for a holiday, try the hotdog/burger at Charlie's (Batu Ferringhi)... damn shiok! :thumbsup:

well at least there's original and crispy in Singapore.

I'm innundated with the choice of either original or original in Australia. only thing closest to crispy would be the devils wings *I think they're called that.*

i don't really see the logic here.

if i were to engage a photographer to shoot my wedding and he's not available on that day, i'd look for another. simple as that. why would i want to insist that he shoot for me? he's not the sole surviving photographer on the planet is he?

there are so many wedding photographers out there. just throw a an invite and you are bound to snag one.

sorry ah... this is how i see things lor.

Friend, you just read my post, lifted my analogy but didn't see the bigger picture huh by reading the other earlier posts.

I gave the analogy as an example of what Parchiao, the thread starter, seemed to be demanding. So it also supports my point that you also don't find logic in his way of thinking?

My point is simple: Move on!

The typical Singaporean sales staff or telephone operator is not known to be eloquent. Let alone, care to explain to you things in such manner like: "Sorry Sir, I'm afraid we can't serve you now 'cos we are currently short of....hope you understand our predicament...." It's so much easier for them to tell you straight: "We can't serve you ah..." With so many calls to pick up, I doubt she would bother to do so anyway.

Actually, most of us Singaporeans are not good English speakers cos to begin with, our pronunciation is often rojak, Singlish or not quite smooth (despite English being shamelessly proclaimed as our first language and we learn it for more than 10 years). I'm not just comparing ourselves to native speakers but non-English speaking foreigners who learn English properly and speak like the native English speakers.

I've encountered numerous times when in a public overseas forum, conference or in public, native English speakers can possibly find Singaporeans hard to understand (among those who have supposedly learnt English for many years). Many times, I've seen the puzzled looks on ang moh tourists' faces when they asked for directions or enquired a product they wished to buy. The typical Singaporean got to repeat himself or herself a few times before the right message could be conveyed. Not an encouraging sight for a country where the standard of English is supposed to be higher than our "mother tongue" language, if I have to honestly admit.

Ironically, foreigners who learnt American or British English for only a few years could speak better and be understood cos their words are often enunciated clearly and the sentence structures are grammatical.

I've got so many experiences to share. Ok, here is one hilarious one... I was on a farm tour in NZ many years back and a lady from a Singaporean family told our NZ farm hosts a few times her daughters were all "big". The hosts looked puzzled for some time, pondered over the word "big" but did not pursue further what was really meant. I didn't clarify for them too, but I guessed what my dear fellow compatriot was trying to put across was that her daughters were grown up or young adults then!

Wow, think I OT liao. Anyway, it's really up to the TS to choose to interpret what the tel operator meant when she said KFC could not or would not serve him cos of where he lives. Maybe to him this is a poor way (but very clear to me) of saying they were short handed. If he chooses to feel discriminated, then it's unfortunate indeed.

In Singapore, I encounter poor communication almost everyday, even from those who are in the service industry. Think it's either the lack of proper training or more likely, incompetence in the English language, or both. If we want to make our own lives difficult, then whoa, we will have to boycott so many things over here! Anyway, Singaporeans are well-known to complain about many things. It's good to complain sometimes, but when it's about something insignificant, it's bad.

Ok I'm outta this forum for now. Interpret life miserably and it will be miserable for you!

i dun have to suck anything up just vote with my wallet and i vote no :p don't you think by continuing to patronize places with bad service and low q merchandise you're just encouraging them to continue treating their customers like shit?!

dun worry, so no KFC and no POPEYE's (SINGAPORE) for u.

cheer up, hun.

POPEYE's Chicken is to me, the bessssssttttttttt fried chicken in S'pore. so iwill continue to patronize them and give them my small biz.

song boh??????? :bsmilie:

dun worry, so no KFC and no POPEYE's (SINGAPORE) for u.

cheer up, hun.

POPEYE's Chicken is to me, the bessssssttttttttt fried chicken in S'pore. so iwill continue to patronize them and give them my small biz.

song boh??????? :bsmilie:

boh song! lol hwz makes an appearance in cs!

Status
Not open for further replies.