Don't Use Coolconnect!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kho King

Jan 20, 2002
shashinki.com
So very very slow for oversea user to load pictures from Cool Connect website. Please don't post your photos there and link to Clubsnap. There are many other alternative...eg.
www.openlens.com

Originally posted by Kho King
So very very slow for oversea user to load pictures from Cool Connect website. Please don't post your photos there and link to Clubsnap. There are many other alternative...eg.
www.openlens.com

Hi Kho King,

How did you get the site url and email?
openlens also give free homepage and email as well?

Regards.

www.openlens.com
ha... Kho King, I have seen u complaining for some time. cool connect is quite fast locally and I like it 'coz it supports ftp upload. Do u know whether openlens has free ftp uploading service? I don't like the tool provide by openlens.

Originally posted by tomshen

cool connect is quite fast locally and I like it 'coz it supports ftp upload. Do u know whether openlens has free ftp uploading service? I don't like the tool provide by openlens.

2nd that.

Anyway, it's not really that slow.

cool connect give free ftp service? I see...no wonder you guys prefer it.

OpenLens does not support free email or web hosting service, my case is special cause I know the owner of the site. He is generous enough to provide me free space for my web, after geocities terminate their free ftp service.

OpenLens is still under developing. If you have any comments or suggestion to improve the site, please email me or the site owner at service@openlens.com.

Cool connect is slow...very slow for oversea users, maybe just me...

He is generous enough to provide me free space for my web, after geocities terminate their free ftp service.

wow, quite a fast site of yours.

i second that.....
its very slow...for overseas users....
i think its quite well-known that coolconnect has very limited bandwidth for overseas users......
sometimes...the pictures wont even load...time to change to a new server....
especially since this is a photography forums......
there are lots of pics to see...

cool connect give free ftp service? I see...no wonder you guys prefer it.

OpenLens does not support free email or web hosting service, my case is special cause I know the owner of the site. He is generous enough to provide me free space for my web, after geocities terminate their free ftp service.

OpenLens is still under developing. If you have any comments or suggestion to improve the site, please email me or the site owner at service@openlens.com.

Cool connect is slow...very slow for oversea users, maybe just me...

Err.. I think the photo colour code section quite blur leh. Why not a album to each user each rather than having them all together in each colour? Me blur liao.:dent:

Originally posted by fusetrips

Err.. I think the photo colour code section quite blur leh. Why not a album to each user each rather than having them all together in each colour? Me blur liao.:dent:

Ok. after you have understand how OpenLens works, then it will be easy to use.

You can create your own album under the colour (eg. Blue) album that you choose. You can use your name as the name of the new album under Blue. If I am not mistaken, you can create sub folder under your name.

I have been complaining about Coolconnect since HWZ days! Complain until I have given up already. That's why you seldom see me participating in any discussions that involve pictures hosted on Coolconnect.

Anyway, glad that this issue has been brought to everyone's attention again.

PLEASE DON'T USE COOLCONNECT!

yes...please suggest some other good image hosting website, as long as no COOL CONNECT...:)

Bumping this thread, in the hope that it will catch more attention.

DigitalRice.com provides webspace without ads or popups but too bad they are not taking in signuos at the moment.

freewebz.com: Pay to use FTP upload, its not FREE, if not stick with their file manager. No frontpage support.

fateback.com: FTP but no frontpage support.

HOMEX.COOLCONNECT is very slow from overseas.
Often my brother who post pictures on the Net tries to invite me to view his pictures... it take ages to load, worst still, it doesn't load at times.
Not complaining... just let you know if you want a international audience, you have to do something about it.

Many and more users using Coolconnect now. Please take note...

If you want to have International Audience, DON'T USE COOLCONNECT!!!

Many and more users using Coolconnect now. Please take note...
If you want to have International Audience, DON'T USE COOLCONNECT!!!
I also use coolconnect for my pics linked to CS, and my friend accessing from overseas confirmed that the problem of slowness is true. Now I had already moved my pics to another web-hosting, hope it will be okey.

Use HotConnect !!!:rbounce: :rbounce: :rbounce:

Status
Not open for further replies.