Don't park your car in the corner lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gymrat76

May 10, 2004
I heard a bang outside my window and looked out last night around midnight... Saw a bizzare sight... this car mounted the curb onto the grass and hit a taxi parked on the corner lot. The taxi in turn hit the car parked next to it. The driver ran out of the car and the passenger got into the driver's seat and reversed the car from the grass patch. The original driver (who looked like a girl or young boy) then got it and they drove off. Couldn't see what make and color of car, but looked like a dark color Lancer or old Civic... basket.. :angry:

Heng ah, sometimes I park my car in that lot. If not for the space being empty when I got home, that could have been my car that got hit!

74942317.jpg

the original driver cannot drive for nuts ;p

whoa!!! likedat also can happen ah? the distance between the curb & the corner car is quite far lieh.. about 3 quaters of a sedan i think..:bigeyes:

This situation sure the taxi driver in a lose-lose situation. Ownself need to repair dent on both sides somemore the owner of the next car might demand compensation from the taxi driver.. chialat.

Woke up this morning and the taxi was gone, but white car next to it was still there. When I left for work, other car was gone already too. Taxi did the smart thing and bailed, else LL have to pay for other car too when it was not his fault

lousy driver, like that also can hit.... i think i first round of test pass liao.... my skill will be much better and safe too;) so what happen to the taxi this morning?

Corner lot or where as long as you unlucky also kana la.

If you park center lot and car beside got a big fat driver or passenger, or even some inconsiderate fellow they simply flung open the door and guess what? Your car kana dent lor!

If you park center lot and car beside got a big fat driver or passenger, or even some inconsiderate fellow they simply flung open the door and guess what? Your car kana dent lor!

luck, fate, mysteries of the universe. what will be will be! :bsmilie: :sweatsm:

no lah, center lot suay suay a lorry reverse bang liao then your car hit the car behind (those shopping center no rear divider kind...) ho say liao lor...

no lah, center lot suay suay a lorry reverse bang liao then your car hit the car behind (those shopping center no rear divider kind...) ho say liao lor...

Haha, I even saw under my blk got a car park at parallel lot kana sandwich front and back until no way to come out!

Sometimes there are those who don't have license yet they are driving around.... those are the killers.

There was once in the NUS science car park that I saw the most ridiculous piece of driving I've ever witnessed first hand. There was this young lady driver (definately a student) who I think was attempting to park her car. I can't remember what exactly she was trying to do but she was reversing and ran out of space so she stopped. Instead of moving forward as expected, she sudenly continued reversing really fast and rammed right into a parked lorry at the opposite lot. The impact was enough to send that lorry up onto the curb in front. Really, really weird...

There was once in the NUS science car park that I saw the most ridiculous piece of driving I've ever witnessed first hand. There was this young lady driver (definately a student) who I think was attempting to park her car. I can't remember what exactly she was trying to do but she was reversing and ran out of space so she stopped. Instead of moving forward as expected, she sudenly continued reversing really fast and rammed right into a parked lorry at the opposite lot. The impact was enough to send that lorry up onto the curb in front. Really, really weird...

Probably driving an auto car. There has been many cases of drivers engaging the wrong gear and just stepping on the accelerator...

there was this one time i was walking thru' a parking lot and there was this lady driver trying to parallel park her car but she was getting nowhere and could see that she was getting frustrated. she had already bumped into the car behind her but there was a lot of space to manovuer.

couldn't tahan any longer and her face really exasperated. ended up parking the car for her. dunno whether she had problems getting out.

Local a lot of Kayu drivers, only know how to drive straight road, "Ji You" all the way. Come to situation dont know how to handle esp come to filtering lane, must wait until no car then move their butts!:sticktong
Another kayu driver ... duh!

I think he is just trying to "learn" how to handle the car in the carpark. Unfortunately he stepped too much gas and the car wheezed off. Rest is history...

During CNY, while waiting for a relative's car , saw this man in his 40s trying to vertical park at the HDB lot. after parking his car, while still inside, he realised that his car wasn't straight. There wasn't any car to his left or right side.

He ended up in that position because he did not return his wheels before reversing his car fully into the lot. He just move his car forward, only to reverse it again into the lot, without turning ( or rather, returning his wheels,) before reversing fully into the lot again. I counted. He practically did the forward-return-forward-return-forward-return-forward-return-forward-return-forward-return-forward-return-forward-return- 8 times before he realised that he need to return the wheels in order for the car to reverse straight.:bsmilie:

It's a non-injury HIT-AND-RUN case. The taxi driver can make a police report.

Quoted from Traffic Police website (http://driving-in-singapore.spf.gov.sg/services/Driving_in_Singapore/Faq/reportfaq.htm#hit)

What are non injury hit and run cases?

The following are non-injury "hit-and-run" cases:

(a) where one or more parties had driven or ridden off immediately after the accident without alighting to inspect the damage or to exchange particulars;

(b) where one or more parties had abandoned the vehicle and fled on foot immediately after the accident;

(c) where a parked vehicle is found damaged by accident collision and the party responsible had not left behind his contact number or particulars for claims settlement ; (a vehicle damaged by vandals or by "killer-litter" cannot constitute a hit-and-run case)

Example 1
Subject A parked his car at a HDB car park overnight and discovered the bumper dented the next morning. He has no clue as to the identity of the culprit. This is a "hit-and-run" case.

Example 2
Same scenario as above, except that a note has been left on the windscreen stating that vehicle B (with registration number) was the offending vehicle. The person who left the note had apparently witnessed the collision. Regardless of whether the person who left the note had also left his contact number, this is a "hit-and-run" case.

Example 3
Same scenario as in Example 1, except that the driver who caused the damage had left his particulars or contact number for claims settlement. This is not a "hit-and-run" case .

There will be instances where parties to a non-injury case have stopped and exchanged particulars but cannot agree on the amount of compensation. In such instances, the fact that an agreement cannot be reached does not qualify the case as a "hit-and-run".

lousy driver, like that also can hit.... i think i first round of test pass liao.... my skill will be much better and safe too;)

dont be so yaya. a short moment of inattention can cause you an accident or vehicle damage. :nono:

Status
Not open for further replies.