"Don't like my style don't hire me"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree to a certain extent

Final ideas and layout comes in here, what does the person who intends to hire looks at?
as everyone has their own style which is unique in a way.

Well, yeah, it's true to a large extent, but kinda harsh sounding I guess.

Can be construed or rather, mis-construed as a bad or self-limiting attitude for commercial designers/artists because the fact is, different jobs may demand different styles.

I agree, though anyone who actually says that probably won't get hired.

Edit: Okay, depends on the tone it's said in as well.

Last edited:
Its a contradiction... In a realist point of view, you won't get hired, unless you're a ultrasuperstar photog... In an art for arts sake point of view, you stick true to your principles.

?

if people don't like your style

why would they hire you?

Fact (sad) is client is still the boss, cos he pays the bills.

Commercial (everyday, not superstar international award winning designers) designers really have to be versatile. It's a fact of the industry...here at least.

Fact (sad) is client is still the boss, cos he pays the bills.

Commercial (everyday, not superstar international award winning designers) designers really have to be versatile. It's a fact of the industry...here at least.

We know that the client is always right, but if I have enough clients to keep me busy and this particular client is just a small one and has been giving me a headache ever since I started doing business with them just a couple of months ago I would have done the same thing.

Just let them go, and fully concentrated well on clients that give you full authority in executing your ideas.

Why waste time on small clients and get stress by them?
If you think you can afford to let the client goes, why not just tell them off?

The method of telling them off is your choice.

:)

?

if people don't like your style

why would they hire you?

Oh yes. There's this agency that hired a popular photog because others does it & they insisted that the photog does things the 'way' they want it (Delivering boring stuffs).

The photog explained over & again to justify his style & perception but he was reminded who's the boss. In the end, he said the same sentence & left.

i'll like to hear from people who got hired because the company din like their style.

"i dun like u, u're hired!"

:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

What do you think of someone who says this. Do you agree or disagree?

Not just photography, but any design/arts related field. :think:

I think that is the mark of someone with confidence, and who doesn't need the money.

I think that is the mark of someone with confidence, and who doesn't need the money.

True. Maybe one who can afford not to take the job if it doesnt suit his preference.

From a photog/creatives point of view, yes, why be forced to do something which is not your style, unless you don't mind and need the money.

From a third party layman (eg. client) in creative areas might think the photog/creative might be too arrogant.

Different views from different people. :bsmilie:

"dont like my style dont fire me!!!" - begs boss with doleful eyes

puss-in-boots.jpg

client servicing is really about accomodating... and client servicing makes us rich..
a better way to say it will be.."i apologize that my capabilities don't meet your expectations" and turn down the client... rather than try to do something we aren't confident in and screwing up our reputation.

But Agreed.... a knowledgable client always look at what you can do first... very little occasions that you'll ever need to use that line up there...

:bsmilie:

In bad financial times like this, if the service provider can make such statement he/she probably isn't very business-savvy to start with.

Style dun bring the bread home. Money does.

An agency once hired me for the job though they don't really agreed with the way I shoot ( PR event and they want pictures of ALL the guest in "stand in a row look into the camera and smile" but I hate "Police Line Up Shots" ) but I know the client :bsmilie: and they insist that I do the shoot.
In the end, I shoot what the client wants to see ( my style ) and also what the agency wanted to see ( the agency's style ).

Moral of the story, "Don't like my style, fine. What's the style you like? I'll see if I can do it." This is how I pay the bills ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.