"Don't buy Sony, very bad. I rather dont sell you. Get canon"

wah on

Apr 27, 2010
"Don't buy Sony, very bad. I rather dont sell you. Get canon, much better"

Said a well known sales rep of j3:16 when I walk in to ask for a55....

Dont understand whats the base of that statement. As a long time sony/km user since 1999, the FD mavica era, i certainly dont like to hear that :)

J3.16?
they support Nikon and canon for DSLR. for P&S, they also promote panasonic
try buying from somewhere else bah, if you want sony, at least you wont get negative remarks.

John 3:16 is well-known for sony-bashing. They're nice people overall, but a bit out of touch with the times. They're still stuck in the Canon 400D era, where Canon had the best high-iso sensors.

But it's funny how much they love to molest my A900 + CZ 24-70 combo.

Just walk across to SLR Revo instead. Cheaper prices too.

just go to a sony style shop loh, they will definitely tell you sony very good :)

Just a word of caution. Bally Electronics has taken over the shop space previously occupied by SLRR. Don't walk into the "Wrong" shop!

John 3:16 is well-known for sony-bashing. They're nice people overall, but a bit out of touch with the times. They're still stuck in the Canon 400D era, where Canon had the best high-iso sensors.

But it's funny how much they love to molest my A900 + CZ 24-70 combo.

Just walk across to SLR Revo instead. Cheaper prices too.

It's the same thing when you go inside a electrical shop and the sales person will tell u Toshiba/Mitsubishi has the best fridge, Panasonic (national) makes the best aircon and Hitachi has the best TV.

Honestly, I never bothered to visit SLQ for any photography stuff, once bitten, twice shy.

You will be better served by Cathay or MSC if you really keen in Sony stuff, they will give you better HONEST and FAIR opinion.

"Don't buy Sony, very bad. I rather dont sell you. Get canon, much better"

Said a well known sales rep of j3:16 when I walk in to ask for a55....

Dont understand whats the base of that statement. As a long time sony/km user since 1999, the FD mavica era, i certainly dont like to hear that :)

I had a similar experience before. I went there not long ago to ask if they have Sony nex-5. The salesman told me that the nex-5 is only good for taking video.

any other anti-sony shops? so can siam all fo them.. haha.

we are abit like "hear only the good things" dont you think? haha im just sharing my opinion when i read this thread.

but still, i would recommend any of my friends the sony system. bash the others for their lack of in built stabilisation.

J3.16?
they support Nikon and canon for DSLR. for P&S, they also promote panasonic
try buying from somewhere else bah, if you want sony, at least you wont get negative remarks.

They support Nikon? Hmm... I remember they used to say "Why buy D90 when 500D is out and so much better?" :dunno:

One thing I know for sure, I am never going to shop there. ;)

Just a word of caution. Bally Electronics has taken over the shop space previously occupied by SLRR. Don't walk into the "Wrong" shop!

SLRR has moved to a much bigger unit on 4th floor.

Bally photo has "taken back" the 5th floor shop space. ;)

we are abit like "hear only the good things" dont you think? haha im just sharing my opinion when i read this thread.

but still, i would recommend any of my friends the sony system. bash the others for their lack of in built stabilisation.

aiyah who don't.. but by saying sony is bad without any reason is seriously stupid.. so i wont visit those shops.. ;)

"Pentax stands for Pantat(Backside in malay)" said by that same sales-rep 2 years ago when I was looking for a K20d

Hi guys. I'm kind of new here, and I'm also hoping someone will answer this question.

I have a friend who has a 'lobang' for better prices on Sony DSLRs/DSLTs (apparently he got the A900 for a thousand dollars off), but I'm still looking to find a few places with Sony love. Also looking for an A55, haha.

Are there a lot of shops out there that hate Sony cameras? Is it because Sony has only spent the last five or so years working on their DSLRs? By 'hating' Sony stuff, do they charge more? Makes more sense if they charge us less for them since they might want to get rid of their supply of Sony equipment.

Hi guys. I'm kind of new here, and I'm also hoping someone will answer this question.

I have a friend who has a 'lobang' for better prices on Sony DSLRs/DSLTs (apparently he got the A900 for a thousand dollars off), but I'm still looking to find a few places with Sony love. Also looking for an A55, haha.

Are there a lot of shops out there that hate Sony cameras? Is it because Sony has only spent the last five or so years working on their DSLRs? By 'hating' Sony stuff, do they charge more? Makes more sense if they charge us less for them since they might want to get rid of their supply of Sony equipment.

in my opinion...get at SLR revolution uh....very good no bullshit unbias opinions and service by Ray and Han Wei.....whether it be any brand that you want....

J3:16 and AP are the shops that I will avoid.

J3:16 is anti-Sony so walking in to ask them about Sony is a waste of time. AP is not honest unless you know the sales person personally. These 2 shops are in my blacklist. :bsmilie:

For now, I will only patronize MS Color, Cathay Photo or SLR Revo.

Obviously not, their selling priority lies on how much commission they can get.

Sony is not exactly new... :D It bought over the DSLR arm of Konica Minolta.

read this if you want to know more
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0507/05071902kmsony.asp

in my opinion...get at SLR revolution uh....very good no bullshit unbias opinions and service by Ray and Han Wei.....whether it be any brand that you want....
J3:16 and AP are the shops that I will avoid.

J3:16 is anti-Sony so walking in to ask them about Sony is a waste of time. AP is not honest unless you know the sales person personally. These 2 shops are in my blacklist. :bsmilie:

For now, I will only patronize MS Color, Cathay Photo or SLR Revo.
Thanks! I will keep that in mind.

Obviously not, their selling priority lies on how much commission they can get.
Oh, right. But since the reseller that the TS was talking about didn't feel like selling him the A55, he didn't really get anything out of it, right? Not sure if TS bought any other camera from the store, though.

Sony is not exactly new... :D It bought over the DSLR arm of Konica Minolta.

read this if you want to know more
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0507/05071902kmsony.asp
Oh, of course. I just meant Sony is being very 'Sony' with KM, in that they listen to critical feedback and always always always answer criticism on their products with new features in their new cameras.

I thought maybe it's because the old timers aren't use to Sony's new aggressive push with KM, but I didn't mean that Sony+Konica Minolta were new to the business. My mistake, I wasn't being specific enough. (smile)

And thanks, guys, for being so friendly. Always been a lurker on ClubSnap and finally decided to join.