Dont buy another camera bag! Improvise!

JacePhoto

Oct 1, 2007
New York City
www.flickr.com
It was easy for me to reach out my wallet and buy another camera bag.

I wanted to just bring my camera out w a few small lenses. I usually carry my casual sling bag and switch that with my back pack. But i wanted to think how i can solve my daily problems without buying new things. 

What came to my mind was the cushion padding found in my Lowepro Airport Series (It is a large luggage-photography bag). Hence i tried it. In fact, it was able to give me 3 size combinations. Small (as shown), rectangle and square (with additional paddings from a different bag).

So, i thought i share with you all how you can do the same, if you are already having a camera bag with numerous paddings.

Amount spent - US$0.00
Satisfaction - 100%

8703995732_314ba7e98e.jpg
[/url] Dont Buy! Improvise! by 1000words.com.sg, on Flickr[/IMG]

How dare you! Your PM calls for growth and you are promoting zero-spending solutions.

actually..just get a Ciesta insert/crumpler insert will do...
just dump them in tote bags/messenger bags..

works both ways.

yup. i thought that this has been discussed many times? :p

oops. sorry! :)

How dare you! Your PM calls for growth and you are promoting zero-spending solutions.

:bsmilie: my signature calls for better pictures. It doesnt say "we are as good as our NEXT camera bag!" :bsmilie:

actually..just get a Ciesta insert/crumpler insert will do...
just dump them in tote bags/messenger bags..

works both ways.

I see. Thanks for the advice. Maybe thats the way we should go. Get inserts and not bags *thumbs up*! :)

He is innocent. Because first, he ask people to buy a Lowepro Airport Series bag first, then he ask people to buy a regular sling bag. Yeah :)

I bought those insert from Bagman few years back. With partition padding, zip & top handle (those without sling). So can just put inside my normal backpack, or can hand-carry.
Quite useful when only want to bring 1 DSLR with standard zoom lens, flash & my 40mm/50mm lens.

Only problem I find is that some "not so durable" bags may not able to take the weight of all those stuffs, including my personnel stuffs + water bottle.

I see. Thanks for the advice. Maybe thats the way we should go. Get inserts and not bags *thumbs up*! :)[/QUOTE]

Currently im using my Porter messenger bag..with a medium size Ciesta insert bought from Ebay 6 years ago.

added my Billingham SP-40 shoulder pad, can put a small umbrella,a metal water bottle, camera,couple of lenses(3) , wallet, samsung Note, extra batteries for camera/phone/external battery pack(Sanyo mobile booster) house keys..

Brought all these to River Safari...

glad that my shoulder didn't hurt.:)

I UP for Ciesta inserts as well, love their non- boxy design because the pads are few individual pieces.

The draw strings closes the bag so nothing falls out. It also extends the bag beyond the padding so can place xtras on top.

Used few yrs, mayb mine is already older version? Bt worth checking out.

Yeah, instead of spending 500 for think tank airport series, I just bought an insert to slot in my roller business trolley.

Lol, for growth, clubsnap bns should be shut down. Every one buy brand new from shops.

actually... i do have an insert from an old camera bag that suffered from a broken strap. been trying to find a canvas shoulder bag that looks almost like our SAF commander bag that the specs were issued in the units back in my days. can't seem to find them now... :cry:

anyone knows where i can find a bag that can fit my insert (D15cm, L20cm, H19cm)? SAF emart only sells those slim plastic commander bag nowadays.

yup! good thing is the insert is not molded in a fixed rectangular shape..
if im not wrong the above pic is size M...

so u see..if im using mirrorless....still have sooooooo much space ..remembered i got t around $42..not sure wats the current prices/designs.

actually... i do have an insert from an old camera bag that suffered from a broken strap. been trying to find a canvas shoulder bag that looks almost like our SAF commander bag that the specs were issued in the units back in my days. can't seem to find them now... :cry:

anyone knows where i can find a bag that can fit my insert (D15cm, L20cm, H19cm)? SAF emart only sells those slim plastic commander bag nowadays.

here?
Your Army Online Store in Singapore | HOCKGIFTSHOP.COM | CAMPING EQUIPMENTS, EMBROIDERY, ENGRAVING SERVICES

some bags pretty cheap...no one will know there is a camera in there!

I bought those insert from Bagman few years back. With partition padding, zip & top handle (those without sling). So can just put inside my normal backpack, or can hand-carry.
Quite useful when only want to bring 1 DSLR with standard zoom lens, flash & my 40mm/50mm lens.

Only problem I find is that some "not so durable" bags may not able to take the weight of all those stuffs, including my personnel stuffs + water bottle.

I see. Thanks for the advice. Maybe thats the way we should go. Get inserts and not bags *thumbs up*!
Currently im using my Porter messenger bag..with a medium size Ciesta insert bought from Ebay 6 years ago.

added my Billingham SP-40 shoulder pad, can put a small umbrella,a metal water bottle, camera,couple of lenses(3) , wallet, samsung Note, extra batteries for camera/phone/external battery pack(Sanyo mobile booster) house keys..

Brought all these to River Safari...

glad that my shoulder didn't hurt.:) :)

OT a bit.
Try not to put your water bottle inside your camera bag for obvious reasons.

Last edited:
OT a bit.
Try not to put your water bottle inside your camera bag for obvious reasons.

Understand. I put it at the bag side pocket. Also easier for me to take when I need a some water. :)

Like this? Good idea!

20100120111209330.JPG

I went website, their model now has this mesh netting outside which is a great idea, I used to feel its a waste having to put my spare cards/batt inside, and then harder to find.. and so many colors now..lol

Last edited: