Donno which JC to go to..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cartman2000

Dec 10, 2008
Pasir Ris
Hi I got a raw of 8 for my exams. My nett score is 7 after deducting a single bonus point-.- hcl fail FTL

so i wanted to apply for a jc.

1)tjc arts(7)
2)vjc arts(6)
3)acjc arts(7)

any ideas? what do they mean by partial cut off point? i noticed vjc partial cop was 6. which means they dont accept 7 pointers? tjc and acjc i can get in but i rather i get posted to vjc. heard their ps uses canon equipment, more convenient for me.

thanks.

wah nowadays arts also need 6 points???

wow, ACJC arts also need 7? hahaha where did you get all this info from?

If it's really 7 even for arts, then ACJC won't be full of acs boys already...unlike the time i was there

its for arts stream lol. i got these scores from the jae 2009 guidebook.

Wah. Even arts is so competitive. You can try and apply for vjc and appeal if unsuccessful.

Last edited:
eh now ac is damn hard to get in alr. hurhur, my time already it was 9 points with bonus. madness.
go ac! ac arts is really that great, just alot of the good teachers are leaving already. and ooh! theres a darkroom in ac too, just you have to be in art to use it, i think.

Times must have changed, long ago AC was like 14 points science.

Times must have changed, long ago AC was like 14 points science.

It was 12 points during my time. Hmm... If it is 7points for AC arts now, how many points will that be for the science stream? Looks like it's getting tougher for the kids these days.

Anyways, TS should find a school that he/she will be more likely to fit in IMO.

wow, ACJC arts also need 7? hahaha where did you get all this info from?

If it's really 7 even for arts, then ACJC won't be full of acs boys already...unlike the time i was there

win win win!!! win win win win win!!! :bsmilie::bsmilie:

Did you consider the travelling time (and in these times, expenses)?

You live in Pasir Ris, according to your info. ACJC is very far to travel to... better don't go. TJC is the nearest. I would advise you to choose TJC. Many of my friends went to TJC and VJC... I think they are both around the same standard and both good schools. Pick the one that is nearer to your home la.

Last edited:
i have been to tjc's open house and am not very impressed with its campus. they use nikon so I can't make use of their lenses for my own purposes. what I want to know how is when vjc's partial COP is 6, will a nett score of 7 after deducting 1 bonus point be considered?

are you selecting your jc based on the type of cameras in their photographic society? note that although vj uses canon, most lenses are kit lenses and there's only one 70-200 f4L in the lineup (unless they've recently purchased new lenses).

as for the points, the COP is only a guide. the actual COP will be based on the number of people applying for that particular college.
e.g. if there are 20 places, 10 ppl with 5pts apply, 10ppl with 6pts apply and 10 ppl with 7pts apply. the COP will be at 6pts.
if there are 20 places, 5 ppl with 5pts apply, 10ppl with 6pts apply and 10 ppl with 7pts apply. the COP will be at 7pts.

Did you consider the travelling time (and in these times, expenses)?

..... both good schools. Pick the one that is nearer to your home la.

Very good advice.

JC starts early and ends even later than high schools.

is there any other different offers in the different JCs, like fine arts, humanities, which you are interested in?

a lot of parents send their kids to acjc to mix with the rich and get contacts for future careers.
vjc for sea sports, and tjc will have more down-to-earth neighbourhood kids.

IMO, it doesn't matter.

10 years down the road, when you're at your office caffeteria chatting with your colleagues, you'll find out that they come from all sorts of different backgrounds.

What matters more is how you make use of opportunities presented to you. Pragmatic issues like distance from home are important. What camera brand their club uses is not one of them. And of course, the general "feel" you have of the campus. Which may or may not include the fact that whether the girls are chio or not. (Hey, never underestimate the power of motivation - it's about the only thing that makes my daily work life less of a chore).

a lot of parents send their kids to acjc to mix with the rich and get contacts for future careers.
vjc for sea sports, and tjc will have more down-to-earth neighbourhood kids.

and TPJC have all the cool, fly kiddos...don't get me started

Don't shoot me, I'm a proud TPJCian.

Hi I got a raw of 8 for my exams. My nett score is 7 after deducting a single bonus point-.- hcl fail FTL

so i wanted to apply for a jc.

1)tjc arts(7)
2)vjc arts(6)
3)acjc arts(7)

any ideas? what do they mean by partial cut off point? i noticed vjc partial cop was 6. which means they dont accept 7 pointers? tjc and acjc i can get in but i rather i get posted to vjc. heard their ps uses canon equipment, more convenient for me.

thanks.
Don't be a moron. Pick the one that's closest to you with a culture that matches your outlook in life. Take it from me; someone who is not a studious sort going to TJC back then. *sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.