'Donald Duck in DisneySea, Tokyo

Jonathan Ang

Apr 6, 2010
4880921846_3695b17902_z.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?

General emotion evoked when seeing this picture

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?

A hand at shooting animals with what limited range I have (trust me not many opportunities to get this close with a 135mm x 1.6mm max!)

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)

Hot, stick, and many people. And the bloody duck(s) were actually coming towards us...ie. chasing. Need to take and go before this fierce duck dunks me.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
I like the sharpness in the eyes of the duck, and the duck's pose! I like the composition, no cropping done! I particularly like the depth of field chosen.

A shot on my 12 day japan trip, day #3, DisneySea Tokyo - Teaser?

Nice impromto catch, but I believe the impact would have been greater if you were on a lower level and almost eye to eye level with the duck...

Thanks for the comment Zac :)

Yeah I get what you mean, will try next time. I think I didn't go that low because I wanted to isolate the duck from bright parts of the frame. If im not wrong, i was half-squat :bsmilie:

shld have chosen something more interesting from my flickr to share :think: waiting for 7 days to up. hahaha

I feel it would be better if you could show some of the duck's sorrounding. Just to put it in the context of the title.

Otherwise, this is just a picture of an ordinary duck on a pavement somewhere..

I feel it would be better if you could show some of the duck's sorrounding. Just to put it in the context of the title.

Otherwise, this is just a picture of an ordinary duck on a pavement somewhere..

I get what you mean, I do have some shots of the duck's surrounding, but it's somewhere that wouldn't show, Disneyland/sea. Haha, the title is a fluke really, or a dud, fake, pun. DisneySea is alot more colourful~