Domke f1 verus cf200 safrotto bag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital Rebel

Deregistered
Apr 16, 2004
Hi

What's the difference between the F1 Domke and the cf200 safrotto. The latter is around $70-80 while the former costs 2-3 times more. Is it worth paying for the US brand. How is the buillt quality between the original and the clone ? Appreciate your feedback.

thanks for the feedback .

Digital Rebel said:
Hi

What's the difference between the F1 Domke and the cf200 safrotto. The latter is around $70-80 while the former costs 2-3 times more. Is it worth paying for the US brand. How is the buillt quality between the original and the clone ? Appreciate your feedback.

The material is almost the same, but the padding is really not up to the standard. At least this is how I feel... I got the less expensive one though. :bsmilie:

Try going down to TCW to have a look. I got mine there and they actually changed the padding to a much thicker one for free.

oliprolli said:
Try going down to TCW to have a look. I got mine there and they actually changed the padding to a much thicker one for free.

Mine is 2 years old, don't think they will entertain me... haha :bsmilie:

I have been using Domke bags since the 1980s (I have 4 such bags). This is something I observed. If I happened to wet my Domke bags in a rain, the interior remains dry while the exterior is wet.

My assistant has a Safrotto. Two months ago, we had an outdoor shoot at Marina South when it started to rain (we did not have an umbrella and our studio van was parked some distance away). Upon reaching shelter, his bag was TOTALLY drenched, while mine remain dry inside. Fortunately, his cameras and lenses were okay.

He switched to Domke ever since.

Hmmph... :think: Lucky me, mine is wet on the outside, but still dry inside. :bsmilie: I hope this can tahan, a few more years...

Status
Not open for further replies.