Doll Portraiture ~ (Ball-Jointed Dolls)

Status
Not open for further replies.

evildolly

Jul 27, 2003
Singapore
sassystrawberry.com
I haven't been posting for a while, and I saw some fun "A Gundam a Day" threads, so in that spirit, here are some portraits of my dolls:D

This is Joy (Cerberus Project Lishe)
joy4.jpg

Raphael & Temperance (Souldoll Seon-Mun & Elfdoll Soah)

Bliss ( LaTi Doll Blue Cara)

wow... quite nicely done i must say. :)

2nd shot is cool~

nice dolls and photos, seldom see dolls in such high quality, must be quite costly?

have always been a fan of your shots! Lovely! Still visiting your site. ;)

Wow Nice series... love #2 most!

Wah. Lovely shots. More ! More!!~ :D

#2 stands out most. Got mood ar! :thumbsup:

Organize a doll shoot for your dollies leh? *hint hint* ;)

LOL nice bumping into you today.. :)
Realise you nvr put any of your other shots online huh...

~Arcanic~
Thank you^_^ Timber gave me the concept for #2 & suggested the Laslo effect.

Zplus
^_^ They are more realistic, but stylized dolls, I love how they lend themselves so well to portraits, and the method is quite similiar to photographing humans, just smaller.

zcf
Thank you^_^ yes they are quite costly, but I find that they are worth it, as they are so fun to photograph:D

drumma
Thank you^_^ I only have 2 lights, one above to highlight the abs, and a softbox from her back.

mudsalleh
erm thank you^_^ I don't like chucky tho :p

illustrious
Thank you for the support ^_^ I haven't had much time to update my site recently, have quite a few pics to add on.

HVB88
^_^ thanks~ I find that 2 is the most dramatic,somewhat more like a fashion shoot? I personally prefer beauty shots, but they aren't as interesting:)

plastic
Thank you^_^ I love the challenge of making something inanimate look alive.:D

Garion
Thanks Garion^_^ hao jiu bu jian le, how are you? ^_~
Don't encourage me, hee. I will spam you all with doll pix.
You want to take pics of my dolls? ;) can. when & where?

unseen
Hi moomoo:) Nice meeting you & your gerger too, thanks for keeping me company whilst I was waiting for my bf. Most of the pics are on my website (points to siggy)
^_^

cheers,
Steph^^

since everyone had already give u very good comment on yr photos already , i shall comment some other things instead ......

U bring the dolls to life in yr photos , somepeople just shoot static/still life and looks pretty dead to me and some just looks plain boring like point and shoot . Yr technique gives emotions to the dolls maybe its the love for yr dolls thats why u can express it well :)

what dolls are these?
my other half loves dolls..
especially ones with such nice eyes.

beetlejuice: Thanks :) Glad you like them, they are worth more than their price to me:)

S11loop: ^_^ you are too kind. Yes, I do love my dollies very much :lovegrin: and its wonderful how they can portray certain emotions & feelings that I project onto them. I learnt portraiture from Timber (who takes humans), and I found that the techniques and tips are extremely applicable to humanoid subjects ^_^

bigbun: ^_^ these are ball-jointed dolls, if your other half is interested, you can show here this

http://sassystrawberry.com/aboutdolls.html

^_^ hope that helps, and yes, I love the glass eyes as well^_^

Sausage said:
How much are one of these dolls?
I wanna put one in my room
Very expensive so I heard. Each can cost as much as 1k odd? Depending on model and type I guess. And you have to purchase the outfits seperately also.

Status
Not open for further replies.