Dog Show for Charity: Volunteers Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

willyfoo

Jan 18, 2002
North
willyfoo.com
Singapore Island Country Club (SICC) is organising a Charity Event. One of the fund raising events is photo sessions of dogs with the kids.

Date: 18th May 2002
Time: 4:30pm - 6:30pm
Venue: SICC Swimming Pool & Tennis Court

Any volunteers for this event? We need
- Photographers with Digital Cameras (Any of the new D60 owners?)
- Colour Printers (Small portable photo printers if any)
- Notebooks
- People to handle printing

We will be charging $5 per 4R print and maybe $x for a T-Shirt print (anybody done t-shirt prints before? pls advice).

We're doing this for charity but our costs (paper, ink, transport etc) can be covered from the fees charged, the rest is donated to charity.

Any volunteers / Advice / Equipments to Loan??

Cheers,

Willy

Ah... Mi! I have D60 and Epson 460 printer (but quite big, hehe).

i can volunteer my dog if there's a need... :D

nice super friendly border collie. will lick any kids to death.

Moved from General Photo Chat to ClubSNAP Photographic Services due to nature of content.

Originally posted by firefox13
i can volunteer my dog if there's a need... :D

nice super friendly border collie. will lick any kids to death.

Wahahahahaha :thumbsup:

Me and my girlfriend can volunteer

but we only have one D30 + 50mm/f1.8

no printer or notebook....can or not??

my gf can make drop shadow and nice borders and simple editing very quickly (she just need to key in a sequence of short cut and it is done already)

I also have experience in printing on T-shirt transfer and photo paper...i suggest getting some fixation solution to spray on the print out to prevent fading. For T-shirt transfer, what u need it an iron, a big piece of soft cloth and a stable heat proof table

for paper...better get matt....glossy paper is not good for printing human protrait....IMO glossy paper is more for nature shots

i'm willing to volunteer my laptop and be in charge of processing the images. however laptop is kinda big but i dun suppose that'll pose a problem.

Originally posted by yeppie99
i'm willing to volunteer my laptop and be in charge of processing the images. however laptop is kinda big but i dun suppose that'll pose a problem.

Big isn't a problem but what is the configuration of the notebook??

Originally posted by kamwai
Me and my girlfriend can volunteer
but we only have one D30 + 50mm/f1.8
no printer or notebook....can or not??
Of course can... any help is greatly appreciated.

I also have experience in printing on T-shirt transfer and photo paper...i suggest getting some fixation solution to spray on the print out to prevent fading. For T-shirt transfer, what u need it an iron, a big piece of soft cloth and a stable heat proof table

Wah... I almost forgot the iron... the T-shirt is just my suggestion and don't know if it's feasible. I suppose I can bring a old iron and they should be able to get a heat proof table (else we bring an ironing board). What will be the cost of each T-shirt?? Materials (spray, paper, T-shirt, ink?). How much should we charge for it?

Originally posted by tomshen

Welcome!!! Love to have the D60 there :)
How big is the 460 printer?? Can fit easily in backseat of car right?

Anyone has transport to offer?? Looks like we need to transport the printers & ironing board..

Any more volunteers?? especially for printers.

Don't foget the cutter for the photos......
I guess you'll have one...

I think the ironing board isn't a good idea... just get a table and lay thick blankets on it... The Ironing board is too small... You'll have to lay out the print and the T-shirt flat or you'll have a big headache...

Originally posted by Flare
Don't foget the cutter for the photos......
I guess you'll have one...

I think the ironing board isn't a good idea... just get a table and lay thick blankets on it... The Ironing board is too small... You'll have to lay out the print and the T-shirt flat or you'll have a big headache...

that's rite....ironing board is too small and not stable...a table abt the size of majong table is enough already...

btw, are u going to laminate the photo? or make a small folder to keep it inside? dun forget u need to buy ink and paper and white T-shirt of different sizes....have to find out the cost and estimate how much to charge.

too bad i'm not working in HP anymore, else can ask HP to donate

the $$ will donate to which organisation ar? where is SICC?

I will try to go if I can make it on that day.

I can bring my lappy too. Got firewire and built in smartmedia slot.

Have PS7 installed. And PIII 800mhz and 256MB ram.

Originally posted by willyfoo

Big isn't a problem but what is the configuration of the notebook??

my laptop definitely has no problem in the config department. but but if klause bringing too. would 2 laptops be necessary? if so, i'll bring mine along. anyone with a PCMCIA CF card can contribute too.

Originally posted by tomshen

Just wondering if your 460 is stylus colour or stylus photo?

I have a Stylus Photo 790 but never print photo before, not sure if it looks good.

Just wondering if your 460 is stylus colour or stylus photo?
It's 460 Stylus color (720dpi).

Originally posted by willyfoo

Welcome!!! Love to have the D60 there :)
How big is the 460 printer?? Can fit easily in backseat of car right?
:)

The printer can print A4 size. I haven't used it for more than one year since the last ink cartrige drained. It would be better if u or someone else can take it back and test before the dog show. Meanwhile, I need to work on Saturday morning so it's not convenient for me to bring it alone that day.

actually it is best if the printer use separate ink cartidge for colour...u will be suprised how fast u can drain your cartidge when u print ONLY lots of photos at one go

Originally posted by kamwai
actually it is best if the printer use separate ink cartidge for colour...u will be suprised how fast u can drain your cartidge when u print ONLY lots of photos at one go

Canon ThinkTanks loh...

Status
Not open for further replies.