Does your public transport fares increase/decrease after 3 July 2010?

Does your bus/MRT fares increase/decrease after 3 July 2010?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Evilmerlin

Jul 26, 2002
Woodlands
Has the new distance based fares increased or decreased your transport costs? Or perhaps no change?

Much appreciated if you could indicate how much your costs have changed by, if any.

New one as I forgot to include the "No change" option! Sorry about that!

Ladies and Gentlemen, let's be fare on this and poll. Then we can show them how this round of fares adjustment really increase/decrease our daily bus/MRT fares. We can then show them if it's really 1-in-3 will get his/her fare increased.

I cast the poll first. Mine INCREASED!

Last edited:
Can you make this poll public, so that we know whose fares have increased, decreased or no change? This will give us a more transparent view on who has voted, and if their fares have increased/decreased/no change.

If TS can't change this, can our mods help?

Probably need a mod to do it, I can't find the option to edit the poll anywhere.

Can our mods help here, before too many, including myself, has voted and our names does not show on the results?

Thanks! :)

I've merged and re-opened Virgo's thread, and added the "no change" option. For those who voted in Evilmerlin's old thread, please re-cast your vote, thanks.

Last edited:
Hi ziploc, I can see that you have imported my poll (which has been closed due to duplication) which has a public option to review who has voted, into this poll.

Good on you to exercise this creativeness! :thumbsup:

See, with creativeness, we all can change for the better for the general public, including lower our public transport fares!

Last edited:
mine increased too to a tune of $0.22 per day to and back from office using the MRT. wth??? :angry:

Mine from Bukit Panjang to Bugis increased from $1.43 to $1.49. 1 day increase 12 cents. 10 days $1.20. 1 month, say 20 working days, increased by $2.40! :eek:

No option for increase and decrease together?I noticed that its sometimes cheaper and sometimes more ex leh:think:

Hi ziploc, I can see that you have imported my poll (which has been closed due to duplication) which has a public option to review who has voted, into this poll.

Good on you to exercise this creativeness! :thumbsup:

See, with creativeness, we all can change for the better for the general public, including lower our public transport fares!

Eh, thanks for your appreciation, but why do you need to like me to the public transport fare increase?

Eh, thanks for your appreciation, but why do you need to like me to the public transport fare increase?

You're welcome. What I was trying to say is that if they are going to change to a distance based system, why do they have to make people pay more/less? With creativeness like you have, they can implement a system that is status quo, or even cheaper, and yet benefit everyone right? :)

Please, there is no need to link me to this.

many ppl complain it is more expensive , is jsut a gimmick the LTA is doing.

Mine has decreased by a bit. :thumbsup:

Transport services could not justify a direct fare hike, so some wise-guys came up with this bright idea of distance-related fare which in effect is a price increase. BTW my fare to and from work increased by 28 cents a day.:(

So Mr. G Ee, what do you have to say about this?

Certain routes doesn't have much alternative for public transport...

For example:

Bedok Central to Woodlands Central...

Route 1: By bus cost S$1.82 (Bus 168 w/o transfer, 1hr 10mins)
Route 2: By train cost S$1.82 (Transfer via Circle Line, 50mins)
Route 3: Unknown cos I haven't found anyway that can shorten the journey by bus or mrt or both...

But 1 thing for sure, price went up cos it used to be S$1.71 for full journey... :thumbsd:

I'm sure there's other route with similar situations...