Does your photo lag in CS4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

josho

Nov 27, 2004
Jln Teck Whye
pboong.com
Just downloaded the trial version of CS4 and found that whenever I edited the photos or move it in PS, the photo seem to lag as if Im using a very low ram.

Im using 4gb of ram, .28 Q2D and 8800GT graphic card. On CS3, it works perfectly without the feel of lag.

Im wondering if you guys also experience the lagging?:dunno:

no lag for me... running on 2gb ram, core II dual & 8500 nvidia gfx card.

Just downloaded the trial version of CS4 and found that whenever I edited the photos or move it in PS, the photo seem to lag as if Im using a very low ram.

Im using 4gb of ram, .28 Q2D and 8800GT graphic card. On CS3, it works perfectly without the feel of lag.

Im wondering if you guys also experience the lagging?:dunno:

Wow.. I don't think 4 GB of ram as "low"...
Should be enough for CS4

No lag for me too.....4G ram but usable only 3.6G:cry:

Last edited:
it work properly when my photo is quite small.....when it is whole screen... it lag in a way.

E.g. I move from left to right, it will front top to bottom go part by part to move the photo. even editing as well.. dunno why is it like that

When I first fired up CS4 I had a lot of problems with opening files, it seemed to take forever for even a simple JPEG to open, and this is running on a quad core with 8GB of ram.

In the end it seems for some reason the "recently opened" list was slowing it down as it was trying to access files in the network. I had reduce the number of files in that list to zero.

You can also consider turning off hardware acceleration if you graphics card is old, I believe CS4 has this turned on by default.

I made some other tweaks and stuff to make it run up to speed, do a google and see what other solutions there are. :)

working fine here

Try this.

On the menu, click on Edit/Preferences/Performance...

Under GPU Settings, click to uncheck "Enable OpenGL Drawing".

If this helps, then it's due to either your graphics driver being not the latest version or being not supported for this feature.

I find that my system also a bit slow but not very obvious.

Try this.

On the menu, click on Edit/Preferences/Performance...

Under GPU Settings, click to uncheck "Enable OpenGL Drawing".

If this helps, then it's due to either your graphics driver being not the latest version or being not supported for this feature.

I googled and found that Open GL drawing helps alot. Although there's some latency but it is at the acceptable pace. Its a bit slow motion when I move, and do some editing. Not that bad.

My graphic card shld be fine tho....

Status
Not open for further replies.