Does your mood affect your shooting?

Will your mood affect your shooting??

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halfmoon

Feb 26, 2005
Hougang, Singapore.
Just curious and wanted to do this poll..........

Will your mood and inspiration affect your shooting??

Like you have a lousy day, and will these affect you?? Or you will not be affected??

Thanks.

When I have a good day, photography just makes it complete.

When I have a lousy day, photography makes me happy again. =)

No, not affected by mood, affected by weather though, I can't work with grey skies.

For those who are taking up photography as a hobby, it supposed to relief you of your stress. So if your mood affects your photography(in a negative manner), then photography is not doing its job as a stress reliefing hobby for you.

For those who are taking up photography as a hobby, it supposed to relief you of your stress. So if your mood affects your photography(in a negative manner), then photography is not doing its job as a stress reliefing hobby for you.

It is a relieve when you enjoy your pictures, and the shooting process..... even if your composition is weak, lousy, crappy.... that is fun, and it is relaxation process............ walking around, looking for things to shoot.....

Some will enjoy when they own the TOP lenses.... some enjoy the friends they make here, etc.... group shooting.... to each his own.

Question here is mood... does it affect your shooting.... and mood as in when you are not feeling good, you go and shoot... will the image be better??

Or the image is better when you go shooting when you are more happy and cheerful???

Question asked being, when you are happy, everything look beautiful... when you are down, everything seems so black.....

I am sure people will go to shoot to relieve stress.... but the mood factor in shooting is different from the issue of stress.....

That aside... some pals here do not post their image.... as the harsh criticism arrowed at them and shoot them down... it take a clown like me to do what others did not do....

That is stressful for them, as that itself would have spoil their joy....... shouldn't photography be fun?? Well, if it is fun, and you share your image... and get shot down like a fly.... it is more enjoyable to be bystander here....

C&C.... people would love to improve... and get better image. All being are different, and their talent is different... so some have instinctive nature in shooting, others do not. If one is sincere to help them to improve... it is easy to tell by their language.... because the language itself reveal much more about yourself than you know... am I qualified to say this?? I am.... so if you are just in for mocking the person, it is easy to tell.... very obvious..... ther are kind souls here... but more mindless beings..... sadly... what have humanity become... or is their any humanity left in human??? Degenerating and degrading for sure.....

Sadly..... English is not so well communicate here at times, and miscommunication is frequent.... but when that happens, how many got the balls to apologize and own up?? If a simple word of 5, SORRY is so hard to say... what else is there to mention about humanity??

Anyway..... when I am not in the mood when I go shooting, the shooting process is relaxing for me... regardless of image quality I took.... but when I am inspirational form, the picture quality is very different... my personal take on this.... sadly I have not reach that in recent times.......

As a professional.. your mood should not be part of your form. Emotional intelligence is probably one of the most important attributes of a photographer as control over emotions means the ability to do your job no matter the situation. When you are paid to do a job.. client dont care if your mood is good or not.. they expect results!

as an art form yes. art is an avenue for expression.

just like music or painting.

if i get hot and sticky, i get lil moody. and lil irritated by surrounding. but when that happen and i happen to see a nice photo in the lcd screen, it will be allllllll fine. haha!

yes bad mood=lousy pics.
I feel i can shoot better if im in a nice mood

Look at it from a different sense, it does not mean that when you are in a bad mood, the pictures will turn out lousy. When you are in a different mood, possibly it affects your judgement (not in the negative sense, just that you judge differently), hence it affects how you frame your shots, the composition, the emotion that you are trying to portray.

Look at it from a different sense, it does not mean that when you are in a bad mood, the pictures will turn out lousy. When you are in a different mood, possibly it affects your judgement (not in the negative sense, just that you judge differently), hence it affects how you frame your shots, the composition, the emotion that you are trying to portray.

Good observation..... :thumbsup:

Yes, the emotions will be different because observations will be made in a different light, sometimes it may be a good way to discover a different perspective of the same thing.

Yes to some extend, but like wat night86mare said, photography will make me happy. Emotinos will somehow affects ur perception for things.

Of course. I shoot better with anointing.. :bsmilie:

No its does not affect....... bec I will nto be shooting........ :bsmilie:

Bad mood means no shooting... because I know pictures willl not be good

maybe the other way round...when i get good shots i feel good...when i dun i feel lousy haha

Well, it all depends on your character and how you deal with moods...

Some use them to good effect and some get very affected by moods...

personally, if I'm in a good mood, I'll take more time to think and consider how I want to get my shots right and will experiment more. If my mood isn't that good, I may not even take a single pic.

Good mood does not necessarily means pictures shot will be good, and bad mood does not equate to producing bad pictures. However, my moods will affect the mood of the pictures, that is definate!

no mood - no shoot

have mood - have shoot

good mood - happy shots

gloomy mood - gloomy shots (does not mean bad)

Status
Not open for further replies.