Does your Handphone do this ? (Delayed Ringing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pit

Mar 12, 2002
When somebody calls you, how long does it take for your phone to ring?

1) Using your home phone, call your own handphone.
2) Call connected
3) ring.... (heared on the home phone, handphone has no response yet)
3) ring....(heared on the home phone, handphone has no response yet)
4) Handphone start ringing.

It take's about 2 rings before my phone actually rings. Hence, I'm missing quite a bit of calls because it takes quite a while before I pick up the call - due to the delayed ringing.

Initially I thought it was a problem with my phone, but I tried swapping my SIM card to another phone (from Treo 650 to Nokia 6170), the same problem persists.

I'm using Singtel iOne Plus plan. Anyone facing the same problem (or is it just me) ?

i have a friend who has the exact same problem. and initially, he tot i called and hang up. but i told him i always waited till i got the voicemail msg. then he realized that alot of his frens encountered this when they called him. he is using a SE700i. not sure abt the service provider tho.

Got this problem too, on Singtel iOne Plus Student plan. I think I only got this problem after I changed my phone. Guess its the problem with the phone?

Nope, I have no such problem. (NOKIA 6230i on M1 network) The phone rings immediatelly when the call is connected.

I am using the Treo 650. No such problem. In fact my hp will vibrate first before the home phone starts to hear the ring.

pit said:
When somebody calls you, how long does it take for your phone to ring?

1) Using your home phone, call your own handphone.
2) Call connected
3) ring.... (heared on the home phone, handphone has no response yet)
3) ring....(heared on the home phone, handphone has no response yet)
4) Handphone start ringing.

It take's about 2 rings before my phone actually rings. Hence, I'm missing quite a bit of calls because it takes quite a while before I pick up the call - due to the delayed ringing.

Initially I thought it was a problem with my phone, but I tried swapping my SIM card to another phone (from Treo 650 to Nokia 6170), the same problem persists.

I'm using Singtel iOne Plus plan. Anyone facing the same problem (or is it just me) ?
I don't think it's a service provider issue. This is a known issue in smartphones running windows mobile 2003, 'normal' phones will not have this problem. I'm using the O2 Xphone II and it does that. Some dedicated smartphone websites said it can be tweaked by modifying the registry. There are instructions in these websites but I've not tried them myself, I can live with the 2-3 second delay. :D

Hitman said:
I don't think it's a service provider issue. This is a known issue in smartphones running windows mobile 2003, 'normal' phones will not have this problem. I'm using the O2 Xphone II and it does that. Some dedicated smartphone websites said it can be tweaked by modifying the registry. There are instructions in these websites but I've not tried them myself, I can live with the 2-3 second delay. :D
Yeah, heard its the problem with Windows mobile. Using Dopod 900 now and I got this problem. Didnt have this problem previously when I am on a symbian phone. Some say its because the ringtone is in the memory card and it takes some time to read the ringtone first before it plays. :dunno:

I also have this problem. :embrass:

Had a Nokia which did this once in a while. I dumped it and went to siemens. No problem for years now.

Thanks for all the replies. I just came back from the hello shop.

It is acknowledge that the problem does not lie with the phone. We tested with the Treo 650, Nokia 6170 and another Nokia phone. Same problem.

My SIM card was replaced but the problem persists.

Hence the problem lies with the network. They could do nothing about it at the moment except to raise an enquiry, which hopefully will be answered and soon enough.

Too bad, I'm stuck with them on a contract til end next year. Otherwise I would have considered switching.

Anyway, seems like the problem started when I switched from the Singtel Classic Plan to the iOne Plus Plan.

So, for all those having this problem, I guess we should all highlight the problem to Singtel so that they will escalate the issue immediately and make a stand to resolve it asap.

Thanks.

I too switched to (I think) the iOne plan from classic. No problems here ever since I switched last year. Dunno, could be an intermittent thing, or some combination of factors which we don't know.

Same problem here, with my h6365. It's very irritating.

w.s said:
i have a friend who has the exact same problem. and initially, he tot i called and hang up. but i told him i always waited till i got the voicemail msg. then he realized that alot of his frens encountered this when they called him. he is using a SE700i. not sure abt the service provider tho.

me also using se700i, no problem, but me using m1.
:think: could it be m1 better than $ingtel?

when i was using my mpx200, it had this thing too. then i realised it can be set in one of the menus, to ring and vibrate, vibrate then ring, or something like that. not sure whether is that the case you're talking about

Status
Not open for further replies.