Does your family appreciate your photography hobby?

Does your family appreciate your photography hobby?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garion

Nov 26, 2002
West side of S'pore
Visit site
As above.

My parents sometimes nag about me spending too much money "buying this and that equipment", but I always throw it back to their faces by saying, "its my money what, not yours!" ;p

I think as long as you don't go overboard with your spending and spend too much time on photography instead of your family, I think its alright.

So does your family or relatives appreciate your (expensive) hobby?

they afraid of my bbb disease. ):

both my parents and my in-laws are supportive of my hobby, infact my mother recently sponsored to buy me a tele lens which I didn't expect her to. :)

it is better to let your family know this is a decent hobby, they should be glad you are not wasting your life in computer game or on alcohol.

it is better to let your family know this is a decent hobby, they should be glad you are not wasting your life in computer game or on alcohol.
Unless, (like some people) you buy expensive things on impulse, or you buy NOT for photography but for showing off only...........then its also wasting money..

HS

My family is only partially supportive.... only when they need a cameraman.... :D

other than tat... nope... not supportive at all... usual complaints like I spent too much time/effort/$$$ persuing it :(

My mother always nagging at me to save money when she saw me coming back with boxes. "Son, you must safe money for your future family" ....I always reply her "Wait long long" :bsmilie:

my dad is quite supportive..maybe becus he used to be from photography club in his younger years... hahahaha. he bought me my dry cab, dslr, etc... he always borrow cameras from his friend (who is also v willing to lend me) for me.

but buying new lenses he not that supportive cus he say it's a waste of money and tht my kit lens is good enough :sweat:

my mum is ok one.. just nag a bit but shes overall ok with my expenditure as long as i dont complain about not having enough money to spend =P

my dad is quite supportive..maybe becus he used to be from photography club in his younger years... hahahaha. he bought me my dry cab, dslr, etc... he always borrow cameras from his friend (who is also v willing to lend me) for me.

wah.. envious.. Had to fund most of my barang barang myself.. :sweatsm:

almost everything i bought was 2nd hand, in order to cut cost from my pocket.

but buying new lenses he not that supportive cus he say it's a waste of money and tht my kit lens is good enough :sweat:

my mum is ok one.. just nag a bit but shes overall ok with my expenditure as long as i dont complain about not having enough money to spend =P
About the same as me i guess. Haha.

GMAN

i didnt dare to let my dad know that i'm into photography. he's pretty old-minded
i told my mum though, and she say i can buy all the exp stuffs i want so long she don't have to pay haha.

i sell mine kaching to get all my big long lens..

both my parents and my in-laws are supportive of my hobby, infact my mother recently sponsored to buy me a tele lens which I didn't expect her to. :)

u are using it to make money so different mah...every BBB is an investment in the business...:)

My Mum is very supportive... Free photographer for her gatherings what... LoL

My wife's indulgent; she looks amused whenever I go nuts on a spree.:)

My parents are never supportive. When I was a student, I remember having my first digicam the Olympus D210, later the 2040, bought it from my blood and sweat. They told me it's a waste of effort. But I did shot some really good memories with it.

They're never interested in my studies as well, though they're both well educated (and my grandparents as well). I remember coming home sometimes, telling them I've done well in school, they'll just shrug it off and ask me to have my dinner.

So to all the supportive parents :thumbsup:

My parents are never supportive. When I was a student, I remember having my first digicam the Olympus D210, later the 2040, bought it from my blood and sweat. They told me it's a waste of effort. But I did shot some really good memories with it.

They're never interested in my studies as well, though they're both well educated (and my grandparents as well). I remember coming home sometimes, telling them I've done well in school, they'll just shrug it off and ask me to have my dinner.

So to all the supportive parents :thumbsup:

i know of parents like that. but its awesome that you choose to continue pursuing your interest though. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.