Does your company use Proxy Server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

togu

Jul 11, 2002
@ D08
www.tommygui.com
Looking into something to monitor all incoming and outgoing traffic, set some policies, filters etc. Used to just apply it on the alcatel speedtouch, till they replaced it not long ago.

Thinking of getting something like proxy server, or ISA server instead. Any recommendations? Just need something cheap and simple, that I can apply some filters, for a network of about 20-30 clients.

Grrr.... wish I can clone my the other cisco 1700 ;p

For a cheap solution, you can try WinRoute or WinGate. If I remember correctly, one of them even has a caching function.

Yes, we use ISA and it was set up for us w/ help of our ISP

Too much hassle to set up ISA. :think:

WIngate sounds good. Thanks all! :)

togu said:
Too much hassle to set up ISA. :think:

WIngate sounds good. Thanks all! :)

It was quite simple as the ISP took only half a day. There were no problems since..

Didnt know u can set filters for Alcatel Speedtouch, togu mind sharing how to do it? I'm managing Speedtouch 610

hv been wanting to set some controls ever since ppl start tuning into internet radios and slowing traffic.

So how's wingate so far?

MrRabbit said:
Didnt know u can set filters for Alcatel Speedtouch, togu mind sharing how to do it? I'm managing Speedtouch 610

hv been wanting to set some controls ever since ppl start tuning into internet radios and slowing traffic.

So how's wingate so far?

Checked on the old router again, that's an EA110 from Turbocomm, not Alcatel. :embrass:

It comes with a firewall webpage like my home cheap dlink modem for configuring filters.

As for the new speedtouch, my model is Speedtouch Pro, no firewall, nothing. :cry: They have another model known as "Speedtouch Pro with Firewall", where you can set filters via telnet, or console.

Guess your 610 will be something close to the Speedtouch pro with firewall. Saw this CLI guide on the speedtouch website.

http://www.speedtouchdsl.com/ST610/CLI Reference Guide.pdf

You can set firewall rules via the console.

Hehehhehe, if you dont' need it, how about we change router? :angel:

Downloaded the wingate trial, haven't install yet.

serene said:
It was quite simple as the ISP took only half a day. There were no problems since..

I'll probably take 1 week at least... :embrass:

togu said:
Checked on the old router again, that's an EA110 from Turbocomm, not Alcatel. :embrass:

It comes with a firewall webpage like my home cheap dlink modem for configuring filters.

As for the new speedtouch, my model is Speedtouch Pro, no firewall, nothing. :cry: They have another model known as "Speedtouch Pro with Firewall", where you can set filters via telnet, or console.

Guess your 610 will be something close to the Speedtouch pro with firewall. Saw this CLI guide on the speedtouch website.

http://www.speedtouchdsl.com/ST610/CLI Reference Guide.pdf

You can set firewall rules via the console.

Hehehhehe, if you dont' need it, how about we change router? :angel:

Downloaded the wingate trial, haven't install yet.

Don't understand why they can't just place a decent firewall page in the Web GUI, I was using Dlink previously, other than the crap stability the firewall was peanut to set up.

Thanks for bringing it up, didnt know there's such a comprehensive manual, the ones i got didnt touch on firewall. or maybe i simply missed it. Thanks again for d offer, the router has been serving me very well. I'll just let it rot.

Status
Not open for further replies.