Does your broadband service provider inform you of contract expiry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokiemon

Mar 5, 2005
I am with Singnet and I just found out my contract had expired 1 year ago. I am paying $35 a month for 1mbps. I know the rates now are $25 per month for 2mbps. So effectively I have been paying more for less for 1 year! I thought it was bad practice on Singnet. It is of course to their vested interest if they kept silent about the expiry and only take action when the customer wants to cancel subscription. Starhub mobile actually called me 2 weeks before my mobile plan expired to ask me to renew.

Last edited:
Had been a customer to Starhub/M1/Singtel/Singnet many years....so far all act blur...none of them took the initiative to call me for contract renewal :thumbsd: I have to keep track the subscriptions myself :sweat:

Had been a customer to Starhub/M1/Singtel/Singnet many years....so far all act blur...none of them took the initiative to call me for contract renewal :thumbsd: I have to keep track the subscriptions myself :sweat:

Sometimes the CSO will call up to ask if you would like to renew the contract. ;)

I am with Singnet and I just found out my contract had expired 1 year ago. I am paying $35 a month for 1mbps. I know the rates now are $25 per month for 2mbps. So effectively I have been paying more for less for 1 year! I thought it was bad practice on Singnet. It is of course to their vested interest if they kept silent about the expiry and only take action when the customer wants to cancel subscription. Starhub mobile actually called me 2 weeks before my mobile plan expired to ask me to renew.

I recall they do inform their customer on the contract expired. I do received letter of expiry and they will give you a discount in monthly payment. :)

Is there a drop in service?:think:

I know it is ultimately my responsiblity to keep track of expiry but it is a 2-year contract! who remembers the expiry date 2 years down the road? a reminder from singnet will be nice. a friend of mine received a call from them to remind her. the service is really inconsistent.

phoakm - i did not receive letter from Singnet.

in fact i have actually called singnet customer service 10 days ago that i wasn't happy i had been "overpaying" for 1 year. the lady said she will call me last monday. it has been a week and i had to call customer service to follow up and todate still no phone call.

I know it is ultimately my responsiblity to keep track of expiry but it is a 2-year contract! who remembers the expiry date 2 years down the road? a reminder from singnet will be nice. a friend of mine received a call from them to remind her. the service is really inconsistent.

in fact i have actually called singnet customer service 10 days ago that i wasn't happy i had been "overpaying" for 1 year. the lady said she will call me last monday. it has been a week and i had to call customer service to follow up and todate still no phone call.

Maybe too many customers to take care. Try again. :)
You should deserve what you as a customer should get.

I recalled there is a webpage which can check the expiry date on all the contract. :think:

Ask for the manager when the front-line CSO can't do nuts. ;)

yep i have asked for the manager!

yep i have asked for the manager!

How's it? You meant the result was that even after you've asked for the manager? :eek:

I did get a reminder from SingTel before the expiry date. It was a card with some ad telling me what I'll get if I re-contract.

Starhub called me up to say I can get a discount, just before my 2 year contract expired......

Do practise knowing the expiry date urself. You can switch ISP if offer been good and also, the link to your PC might change. (example telephone port nearer) For me, I been to Pacnet, magix, singnet, starhub, m1 from the day I got my ISP ;p

Starhub called me up to say I can get a discount, just before my 2 year contract expired......

you should ask about the promotional gifts. Every 2 years, I will renew the contract and redeem whatever promotional gifts that are on offer. I had a laptop for my first renewal and a LCD tv for my second renewal.

How's it? You meant the result was that even after you've asked for the manager? :eek:

Haha. yes Yoh. the manager said she will follow up with me last monday. I called Singnet yday, spoke with the CS asking for the manager to call me back but still no calls!

yes the bottom line is you have to keep track of your expiry contact otherwise you end up paying alot more especially when broadband contracts get cheaper and the speed gets faster. in my case singnet has chosen not to follow up with my plan which i thought it is bad practice. i am waiting for them to see what they can offer and from there decide to switch provider.

Haha. yes Yoh. the manager said she will follow up with me last monday. I called Singnet yday, spoke with the CS asking for the manager to call me back but still no calls!

yes the bottom line is you have to keep track of your expiry contact otherwise you end up paying alot more especially when broadband contracts get cheaper and the speed gets faster. in my case singnet has chosen not to follow up with my plan which i thought it is bad practice. i am waiting for them to see what they can offer and from there decide to switch provider.

:think: You might receive a call from 'em soon, give 'em till end of today. Otherwise simply use the feedback channel to highlight the poor service. ;)

Service providers here value new customers more than customer loyalty..

Pros n Cons..

Service providers here value new customers more than customer loyalty..

Pros n Cons..
So, switch to another carrier when the contract is up. That way, you become a new customer and get the best value every time your contract is up.

They don't even call me. I have to call them enquire, then sometimes, best part is they'd tell me the promotions are for new people, and that old timers do not get any promo. Best. Singtel really is !@#$%^&*()_+

errmm... pardon me for saying this.

ISP are providing discount for subscription by tying you down with a contract and you expect them to call you to inform you of this expiry?

i don't think that is a fair expectation. You went into contract for a certain period knowingly and i really feel that even as customer, one has to keep track.

Anyway back to topic. Singnet did send me a letter to inform me of my contract expiry and also a brochure contain current plans available that I can continue to recontract.

Last edited:
You know why they act blur?

If they tell you that your contract is expiring, you can take the chance to "threaten" them for better deals.
So they better just shut up..
*This is for mobile contracts..

Status
Not open for further replies.