does water marks or signature has to be so big in image?

Status
Not open for further replies.

denniskee

Oct 26, 2003
bukit batok
Visit site
i have seen quite a no. of csers who put big water marks or signature in their photos, i feel that it is annoying or distracting.

some put the water marks or signature quite discretely, i feel this is good, although can see it, but does not annoy or distract viewers from enjoy looking at the image.

denniskee said:
i have seen quite a no. of csers who put big water marks or signature in their photos, i feel that it is annoying or distracting.

some put the water marks or signature quite discretely, i feel this is good, although can see it, but does not annoy or distract viewers from enjoy looking at the image.
It's personal ..... some like it big, some like it small ..... but i don't think it is necessary for my images (no body wants!) .... :bsmilie:

but is it not better if it is more discrete it will not have adverse effect on your photos and still serve its purpose?

denniskee said:

How abt u post a picture, small-small watermark, I remove it and claim its my own.

U'd like that? :)

jsbn said:
How abt u post a picture, small-small watermark, I remove it and claim its my own.

U'd like that? :)
that would be nice
and i hope you will use it for some commercial purpose,
so that i can sue for a new set of equipment.

hASHbrown_kopitiam said:
:bsmilie: 1 new full set including 1 year's studio rent? :bsmilie:
that much?

i'd better go make my "© Alex Ortega" smaller and post more photos ;)

ortega said:
that would be nice
and i hope you will use it for some commercial purpose,
so that i can sue for a new set of equipment.
Ok! Tell me what u want. ;p

How abt a set of Bogen Studio Lights, 50ft muslin backdrop, Canon EOS 1DsMkII, Hassy H2D-39? :)

Juz goto DBS HQ at Shenton Way, wear a ski mask and carry a black bag. We will go into the Vault where its more convienient to talk. :D

sometimes it is good to make watermark big big. so pp cannot leech mah.

jsbn said:
Ok! Tell me what u want. ;p

How abt a set of Bogen Studio Lights, 50ft muslin backdrop, Canon EOS 1DsMkII, Hassy H2D-39? :)

Juz goto DBS HQ at Shenton Way, wear a ski mask and carry a black bag. We will go into the Vault where its more convienient to talk. :D
how about i drive the getaway car and wait for you outside
do remember to get some cash for yourself

wait-a-minute this is so last century
just hack into their system and transfer it into your swiss account
then use cash to purchase the items. :devil:

Big watermark, distracting the beauty of the photo.

Small watermark, afraid of being leeched.

My solution: post photos that are not greater than 800x600... not good enough for commercial print. Not even good enough as desktop wallpaper...Only uses: 4R prints and internet images.

I'll be honoured if people print my images! ;)

yes, i understand the possibility of photo leech. but low res, place the near to subject but not too obvious (somtime can be difficult).

anyway, imo, photo being posted should be already correctly cropped (to the photog's vision). cropping more will make the photo less appealling to the viewer, so even if the marking is not near the subject, it should not matter too much.

satay16 said:
sometimes it is good to make watermark big big. so pp cannot leech mah.

you think? those despos will still leech anyway and post at some questionable site with your watermark and all :rolleyes:

merkava74 said:
Big watermark, distracting the beauty of the photo.

Small watermark, afraid of being leeched.

My solution: post photos that are not greater than 800x600... not good enough for commercial print. Not even good enough as desktop wallpaper...Only uses: 4R prints and internet images.

I'll be honoured if people print my images! ;)

800x600 still quite big leh. i think even 640x480 still quite big :bsmilie:

catchlights said:
for some people,

SIZE does matter.

that is so true.. :sweatsm:

maybe for them the main feature is the watermark? the rest of the photo is just decor :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.